What's new

07 VF Drive fault

superdave

Reaction score
After resetting power I can run gantry back and forth but if I run it to the end of rail it doesn't coast and it goes into drive fault and cannot be moved until reset. Any thoughts thanks.
Dave

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Some assumptions here... Guessing it's a Ryko machine since you listed code 07 and guessing it's a Softgloss machine. If that is correct, when the machine approaches the exit end of the tracks, the front endstop prox (PLC input X7) should turn "ON", then the machine should decelerate slowly and park within about 1/2" from the endstop bumper. If you drive it reverse, it should go to the entrance of the tracks and the rear endstop prox (PLC input X10) should turn on causing the machine to decelerate slowly to a stop. This should also be within 1/2" or so of the rear bumper.

If you are driving it either direction, and the correct endstop prox turns on at the PLC, it should decelerate as described. If it doesn't, guessing you either aren't getting the input to the PLC, or the incorrect one is turning on.

If the machine isn't slowing down and is just ramming into one of the endstops, it could cause it to draw too many amps, the VFD does into an error state and it causes the code 07 (high voltage issue). It could also be that if you are changing directions rapidly while manually driving it, you could get an overvoltage fault at the VFD due to motor regeneration if you don't let it decelerate to a stop before changing directions.

superdave

Reaction score
I found bad bearings so I will address this and see what happens after repair.