What's new

Alert horn constantly buzzing

hoyeman

Reaction score
I have one alert horn that has current running to it and is constantly buzzing. It is connected to Dixmor led7. Anyone have any experience with this? Everything else works perfectly.

Thanks
David

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
You can try pulling the connector off the back of the timer and cleaning all the pins. I have seen green corrosion build up between the pins and cause this. You can study the wiring diagram for the timer and see if there is a +24vac next to a horn connection. I use the D&S timers, but I believe these things are all very similar.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check to make sure the horn wires aren't touching any metal or any other wires.

Randy

Reaction score
David,
There are a couple of things on a LED-7 timer that will make it stay on constantly. Check ?Negative? wire on the horn to make it is not grounded, this is the ?blue wire from pin #4. It could also be a burned out the horn transistor inside the timer. This can happen if the Orange wire from pin #5 goes to ground, there is 12DC to this wire all the time. If this is the case you?ll need to send it in for repair. If the horn is on constantly only during the last minute of the cycle then you need to reprogram the timer, the LED-7 can be programmed to have the horn stay on constantly during the last minute. If you need a loaner let me know.