What's new

ANOTHER new American Changer pays out $500!!!!!

dwig222

Reaction score
On Saturday morning when I got to the car wash I could hear the hopper motor running on my new American Changer machine. I opened it up and the hopper was TOTALLY EMPTY! There was approximately $500 in quarters in the machine so someone put in $1.00 and it never shut off after 4 quarters and someone got $500!!!

You would think they would have some kind of a trigger that would shut the machine down after it pays out the maximum you have it set for. Mine is set for $1, $5 and $10. There should be something that would automatically shut that machine down once it pays out more than $10 in quarters. I have seen other threads on this board about this problem with the new American Changer machines. My machine is less than one year old and has the new hopper in it.

American Changer needs to address this problem immediately before more of us owners lose that kind of money over a malfunction.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Do you have the Coinco or Mars bill validator?
I would recommend the Mars if you do not have it now.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
In the meantime order a changer monitor from Etowah. It will shut the changer down in the event of an excessive payout, whether it be a malfunction or a criminal act. I had a similar item built for all of my changers years ago which solved all of my stringing and jackpotting issues. I later bought the Etowah monitor for my American Paystations since it was less than 200 bucks, a fraction of what we had spent on our own sysyem. No changer should be without it.

jeffs

Reaction score
during the jackpot does it effect the digitial counter on the control board?

dwig222

Reaction score
i record the numbers every day when i collect but i dont remember doing it that morning because i was so mad i just shut it down till i call american changer . il'l check in the morning and let you know . i don't think thay moved

dwig222

Reaction score
the numbers did not move beyond the amount of money in the machine

dogwasher

Reaction score
I cant believe your post! I never heard of that before.
Sound like that company should be making slot machines. That rediculous and should Never happen.

Clintearl

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. American changer said they never heard of that happening before, but they did send a new hopper and pc board. Mine has a mars. American Changer will not admit there is a problem. They never offered to refund the money I lost. If someone loses thier money at my car wash , I refund it plus something else free.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Mine did it way back in 2000. Had back-to-back dumps on a dual changer within a couple of months. I was ****ed. Service manager had same attitude back then. "Sorry, but it shouldn't happen again". That was the first and last American product I bought. I thought they had resolved the problem. For the control board to continue to supply power to the hopper motor for an unlimited length of time is stupid.

MEP001

Reaction score
Even if there was a system in place to monitor the hopper motor during payout if the payout switch failed, it would do nothing if the relay that controls the hopper failed with it running. It would still empty itself without registering the coins. It would make more sense to limit loss by installing a chute that would get stopped up and let the quarters back up into the changer cabinet.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I almost bought an American changer when I was replacing my old Hamilton. THANK GOD!!!! Someone from here on the Forum talked me out of it. I guess the old saying holds true ?You get what you pay for?!!

Randy

Reaction score
Any updates to correcting you problem? Have you been in contact with American?