What's new

Bay timers

Al fittn

Reaction score
I operate a 5 bay wash it uses the dixmor led7 timers they only last maby 6-8 months and die. I have a whole box of dead ones. Is there anyone who fixes them?

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
I operate a 5 bay wash it uses the dixmor led7 timers they only last maby 6-8 months and die. I have a whole box of dead ones. Is there anyone who fixes them?
Maybe Dixmor? What exactly is happening to the timers? I’ve had very good luck with the LED 7 timers.

TMoliver

Reaction score
I do not use the Dixmor timer but you should be seeing 6-8 + years out of them. First is check your voltage in ever meter box with nothing running in any bay it should be between 23-28 VAC. Next turn on several bays at one time select the same function in each bay check voltage again. it should not drop much make sure you check on all functions especially low pressure if you are using multi plexer like MX8 or MX10 to operate that pump. if your transformers are not in phase you will see voltage increases anywhere from 1.5 times to almost triple.

Just some where to look for the issue.

Randy

Reaction score
We use a lot of Dixmor LED-7 timers. We have very few problems with them. Yes they are repairable, normally it costs around $45-$55 to have one repaired. I had a customer who was having LED-7 timer issues, his load was to high for the timer, the timer is only rated at about 3-5amps. He ended up installing a relay so that the only thing the timer was controlling was the relay, no more problems. If you also have a problem with someone beating on the front of the coin box, that will damage the timer.

Al fittn

Reaction score
Yes we had a car/truck accident that snapped a pole and the 13k touched the low volt lines under them and ruined all of the electronics card readers and every motor that was running at the time. All 3 ph stuff but that was last year. I haven’t checked running voltage yet. But I certainly will. Thanks for the feedback. Al

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have Led 7's that are over 20 years old and don't think I've ever had one fail. Like others have suggested, don't overload the timer and check voltage in the ER AND inside the meter box to make sure its in the right range and you are not getting voltage drops.

edredtop

Reaction score
Yes we had a car/truck accident that snapped a pole and the 13k touched the low volt lines under them and ruined all of the electronics card readers and every motor that was running at the time. All 3 ph stuff but that was last year. I haven’t checked running voltage yet. But I certainly will. Thanks for the feedback. Al
LED 7s have been workhorses, the only ones that have gone bad for me is when the load wire finds ground in the coin box. (2 in 20 years)
To Randy's point about unwanted abuse to the timers, I've had great success using a spring with the fasteners to absorb the shock of a hit (see attached). Not pictured is a small flat washer to go between the timer and the spring. It's also one of several reasons to use tip protectors on the wands too.

Attachments