What's new

Best way to move an automatic car wash?

Etowah

harleygrant

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing another used automatic wash. It is in another state. Does anyone know of people who can move a wash?

MEP001

Reaction score
Try a local "hot shot" transport service.

mac

Reaction score
I have done that many times. Finding a flatbed to haul it is the easy part. You need to be very careful when removing all of the pieces, and make sure that you have asked exactly what is included. Depending on where it is, it shouldn't cost more than a couple grand to get it loaded onto a truck. You might start with the local distributor, since he would know how it was installed.

MikeV

Reaction score
I recently moved one ( a Futura touchless)from Belton, MO to Maxwell, Iowa. We loaded it to the new owners 20' flat trailer towed by his pickup. No problems. It all fit on the trailer and a lot cheaper than hiring a transport company.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my machine came with a steel 'skid' and brace that went from gantry bottom inside to gantry top outside (mine is an inverterted 'L'.)

you could build a skid from 4"x4"'s, I guess. Depends what type machine it is.

I know when I built my wash I had to get some pre-cast concrete pits and I hired a friend w/ a car trailer flatbed to get em; saved alot of $$$.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I have moved hundreds of washes. Proper removal and transportation preparation is the most important part.

mac

Reaction score
Hundreds of washes? That's some prolific pro.

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Moving Machine

Yesterday, I removed a 5 year old MK 7 GT 500 with 75,000 washes from my place. You wouldn't believe how corroded and rusted some of the parts were. Most of the items we planned to unbolt had to be torched or cut with a sawsall. My only point is that you should plan on replacing a lot of parts if your machine was similar vintage to mine.

Scott

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Hi Pat,

The welded nuts that the track locks bolt to all broke and had to be cut. EVERY bolt that wasn't stainless needed cut. Under carriage bar, HP hoses, low pressure hoses from utility room to gantry, doors, seriously everything that was not a stainless bolt. Funny thing is is the track bolts gave us the least problems! :confused:

Scott