What's new

Break Away Fittings

MEP001

Reaction score
No, and I believe that if the boom is set properly you don't need them. When you hang up the gun, it should swing neatly against the wall, and the hose shouldn't drag the ground keeping it from moving itself out of the way. Other than idiots leaving the gun on their trailer or stuck in the stake hole in their bed, I've had almost no broken wands or boom damage. The breakaways would only increase maintenance for me because they'd get broken by rough handling that the wand can take without damage.

MEP001

Reaction score
Right, in fact just having the wand holder facing the meterbox will make it worse. I have them facing the other way, so if a customer pulls in "the right way" and does manage to hook the hose on their mirror, it just drops the gun on the floor.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have the old D/H booms that don't tend to seat in the right diretion at all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the booms to set up against the wall like MEP was saying?

MEP001

Reaction score
You have to use washers, long bolts and nuts or pieces of threaded rod and just tilt the mount so the boom wants to swing the correct way under its own weight. I set the boom to "home" toward the same wall as the meter box, but pointing towartd the opposite pillar from the box. The weight of the hose with the gun in the holder should pull it where the boom is centered.