What's new

Car wash knife

soapy

Reaction score
While attending a local outdoor show recently I visited the Tops knife booth. The owner and main knife designer was there and I told them I needed a knife for the car wash that featured a serrated edge for cutting hoses etc. as well as a good straight edge. They came up with this custom design. They sell high end very strong knives that are world class. I think this knife should last me at the car wash as long as I am around. IMG_4162.jpeg

JustaGuy

Reaction score
Interesting approach. I carry a Benchmade Tactical Triage that has a partially-serrated blade that works very well for me. It's a folding knife with a thumb stud so I can open it one handed very easily. It also has a glass breaker and seat belt cutter, both of which I hope to never need to use...

The only issue I had with it as it came from the factory (as shown in the image) is the grip material got a bit slick when wet with certain things like hydraulic fluid, so I swapped the scales with those from an older Triage that has a blade style I didn't like but the material and texture of the grip is much better.

1726663078070.jpeg

soapy

Reaction score
I have carried about every kind of Leatherman there is. Recently started carrying the $38 Roxon with D2 blade. It has the best pair of scissors I have seen on a multitool. All the blades lock and it comes with a bit kit. The only advantage of the leather man was the pliers but I did not use that feature much. IMG_4165.jpeg

Eric H

Reaction score
Been carrying a Gerber Suspension for as long as I can remember. I think I found this one at the Carwash. I’ve had Swiss Army knives since I was in middle school, the leather man and have had several Gerbers.
IMG_7578.jpeg