What's new

Car washing vs Football

ShinePro

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this frustration?
On Saturday’s in a football crazed community.
From 9 am til -
I can be packed- line at automatic - 5 self serves bays packed with cars waiting.
Then football comes on 14 channels on tv and you can hear the cricket’s chirping.
Fortunately the Buckeyes played at night so it wasn’t as bad yesterday.
I dont need a watch to tell what time it is on Saturday!

Wash4Life

Reaction score
We have not had that issue on our Saturdays. I'm in Maryland, and we do not have a strong football team located in the state. Now the NFL is different when the Ravens are playing.

washnshine

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean ShinePro. I’m in the second smallest NFL market - Buffalo (the smallest is Green Bay). During a Buffalo Bills game, my street is lined with cars as if there were going to be the biggest 4th of July or Memorial Day block party ever. The streets are absolutely quiet - everyone is having their own version of a watch party. And that’s home games too - when the stadium is filled with 70,000 people! Stores are empty - this is the time to get your groceries or run errands- because you’ve got the places and the streets yo yourself.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Here in a town of 10,000, when there is high school or university sports at home, car washing takes a break.

liftheavy

Reaction score
i live in the south where football reigns supreme, its just one of those things we account for like accouting for rain in june and july, snow and ice in january and febuary.