What's new

Cat 5CP2120 pulsating, but intermittently

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping for advise on an issue I'm having with a Cat 5CP2120 that is pulsating. I know there are many threads on this type of problem, but this one has me stumped as it will operate normally for up to a minute at a time and then start pulsating again. I have changed the 6 valves and the BR50 regulator (I swapped the regulator because the pulsating seems to start more regularly when you let go of the trigger and it's bypassing). But even when it's working normally with the trigger pulled, it will be spraying well then after 30 seconds or so, you feel on or two pulsations, then shortly after it starts pulsating all the time. I haven't changed the seals yet, but I was thinking if it was the seals or the manifold is washed out, it would happen all the time and not work normally part of the time. In fact, it seems like most of the typical issues like starving for water etc shouldn't happen intermittently. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! John

Blanco

Reaction score
Most likely seals. If theres a check valve on the bottom of the tank that feeds it I would check that too. If that check valve is corroded it will starve It of water. Cheaper fix then seals but like I said is most likely seals.

chaz

Reaction score
Junk in the spray tip at the bay. Remove tip and clean or better yet just replace. Flush line before installing new tip. Let us know the answer

OurTown

Reaction score
Does it happen on every high pressure function? I have seen where the soap or wax line has a tiny leak (so small that it doesn't leak out liquid) in them sucking in air.