What's new

Ceramic Making vehicle Feel Rough?

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
We have been using Simoniz Ceramic in our IBA for the last few months. Shine and water beading is very good. But I have noticed that when you run your had on the paint of the vehicle after the car is dry that it doesn't feel nice and smooth. It has a more of a rough feeling, you cant see it but you can definitely feel it. Has anyone else experienced this? I have it running at the recommended dilution.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
One of our workers has a new car that they just purchased. We have ran it through on our standard wash, no roughness, then run it back through with the ceramic and it feels rough. We have tested on multiple vehicles before and after, we have verified it is whenever the car gets the ceramic.

Could it be reacting with one of the passes that was sprayed on before the ceramic?

washnshine

Reaction score
We have been using Simoniz Ceramic in our IBA for the last few months. Shine and water beading is very good. But I have noticed that when you run your had on the paint of the vehicle after the car is dry that it doesn't feel nice and smooth. It has a more of a rough feeling, you cant see it but you can definitely feel it. Has anyone else experienced this? I have it running at the recommended dilution.
I’ve used this product on literally several hundred thousand cars (tunnel) over the years and have never had this problem. It leaves the cars extremely smooth and slippery. Even though the car was new, could there have been some dirt or film in it that was sealed in or coated over?

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
No dirt or film, We have a dealership at our site so the cars that we have ran through and tested on have all been wash waxed and polished and had any contaminates removed. Think it is worth a call to Simoniz? The ceramic is applied through a IBA Kondor. One of our customers who brings his cars through every week came in and said something as well when he bumped up to our ceramic wash, when we had a $2 off ceramic promo for the week.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’m no chemist but there is always the chance of a reaction with another chemical, or perhaps the line that your ceramic runs through has somehow become contaminated and is causing a conflict or reaction with the ceramic. I’d give Simoniz a call- they will have a batch number or lot number for your container and will be able to tell you if this is widespread or localized only to your wash. It’s an incredible product. I hope it works out for you.