What's new

Coleman Super Saver Experts and Consultants

Duke'sWash

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a used Super Saver self-serve pump bench to update my older equipment. I currently do not have triple foam or spot free rinse and a substandard low-pressure system. The Super Saver seems like the most economical way to get these options in one complete package. I found a few units on Facebook Marketplace and Car Wash Consignment.

(13) Marketplace - Equipment sales | Facebook

5089 - Jim Coleman - 4 Bay Super Saver Pump Bench - 75020-1 - Used Car Wash Bay Equipment Systems For Sale | Browse Now (carwashconsignment.com)

Unfortunately, both of these units are a considerable distance from me in Pennsylvania, so it is going to cost me a little bit of money and time to check them out. I'd like to get as much information as possible from the experts before I schedule a trip, or even if I should schedule a trip. I'd like to know what everyone thinks about the Super Savers, what I should look for in a used unit, how much should I pay, and what are the differences between the early and late models. Also, are there any local consultants that could evaluate these for me for a reasonable price before I spend the time and money on a trip? Ideally, I could wait for something more local for sale, but it seems like I might be waiting for quite some time. Any advice that can steer a new car wash owner in the right direction would be appreciated.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Duke,

I have purchased 4 used super saver pumps stands for my car washes and have rebuilt all of them to fit my equipment rooms. I don't have any experience with any other stand because the first wash I bought had a super saver so I learned on them and just stuck with them. Like you said I like that everything is on one stand, RO, TC, FB, TF on top of rinse, wax, soap and presoak.

Personally, I like them but they are rather large. I have cut and rewelded two stands to make them work in the ER I have. I remove the metering valves on the HP soap, pre soak and wax functions that are typically located under the product mix tanks. I also install small valves on the cold water rinse manifold in the event I have to change the valve I don't have to cut the water supply to that entire manifold but just the bay I am working on.

As far as what to look for, overall what does the stand look like, both links you sent look pretty good in the pictures. When was stand in operation last? Depending on exact location and history of the stand was it ever located in a winter climate not working? The last stand I bought had been through the infamous freeze we had down here in Texas back in 2021. I pointed that out to the seller and several items that were damaged from the freeze to negotiate a really great deal on it. How were the functions working before being shut down? Any issues that I need to know about the stand? All the motors and pumps work?

Personally I went through each of my stands and replaced all the seals, o rings, valuves on the pumps and all new belts. Rebuilt the hydrominders and the small valves on the TF FB and TC. From what I saved vs. the cost of new I think it was well worth the investment and would buy used again vs. new due to the savings. I am in Ft. Worth, Texas and to give you an idea I have driven to Louisiana and Alabama in order to buy them. The others were here local in Texas. Best of luck.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The one on facebook looks to be a newer model,and the one in Alabama looks like it has had a couple parts robbed off it on the tri-foam system that will cost around $800 to replace. . In my mind 10K is a little high for a used pump unit that can''t be tested but it's not entirely unreasonable if that's what you want. it's going to depend on the condition of the HP pumps on whether its a good deal

As Ralph mentioned those units are indeed huge but in reality Coleman made their stuff for a super easy install process. All the plumbing and wiring is done at the factory. You just drop that unit where you want it in the equipment room and have the plumber and electrician run stuff to it. A distributor I used in Georgia could send a crew of three people and could install and test a complete 5/1 package with bay signs, meters and vacuums in less than 5 days if the trade people were cooperative.

You want to be able to access the pump unit from the back if possible so I always stood mine off the wall about 18".

Overall they are pretty decent pump units but I would recommend converting the medium pressure presoak to low pressure and if the RO membranes are mounted "inside" the pump stand to relocate them to either the outside frame or on a nearby wall for easy service in the future.