What's new

Connecting Ryko CAW IV with IC to Passport

Etowah

dhaksan

Reaction score
Hello,

I have Supergloss Maxx 5 with RYKO CAW IV with IC as a controller. The POS System that we use is Gilbarco Passport 22.01. I need help hooking up the Passport with CAW and be able to sell Car wash via gas pumps and POS. Here is what I have done so far:

1. I have connected the serial port of CAW terminal to port 6 in EDH. I confirmed with Gilbarco that Port 6 is opened and is assigned for car wash.

2. All menus for carwash is set in passport. When car wash is enabled in Passport, I do see “POS” icon on the CAW turns Green. When this is disabled, the “POS” icon on CAW turns red.

3. When trying to sell a car wash from POS, the POS tries to get the code and responds “Unable to retrieve code”.

4. The “Baud rate”, “parity” etc are set correctly on both Passport and CAW IV and they do match with each other.

5. The internet connection on this CAW is connected via CAT5 and connected to Switch and I can confirm that internet is fine.

6. I want to Hookup this CAT5 connection to Acumera zoning router instead. This Zoning router is used to connect all equipment in the gas station to communicate with each other. However, I need to setup a static IP address for CAW IV to do that.

7. Gilbarco Passport car wash menu is built on Ryko Protocol and uses Ryko protocol while communicating via carwash EDH port.

I want to try setting up a static Ip, hookup to acumera, whitelist that IP and see if pos can get code from CAW. My question now is: How can I setup an IP address of this CAW IV with Ic? How do I get to console menu screen or cmd prompt.

Any other ideas, recommendations on what I could be doing wrong.