What's new

creating foam at wand

Plow Guy

Reaction score
My IR ARO went out this weekend. I would like to generate the quality of foam from my high pressure wand that you get from a low pressure gun. This way I can eliminate the extra boom gun and plumbing. I looked into this three years ago, I was told you can not generate great foam through the high pressure tip.My question is can I use a foam generator before mt check valve at my bay boom manifold thus creating a better foam from my boom down for a better presentation. If so will a Flojet create enough pressure or will I need to go to a Procon. Thankyou for your help.

Eric H

Reaction score
I was interested in doing the same a few years back. I simply put a HP gun on the foam brush hose in the bay to see what it would look like....not very impressive.

Plow Guy

Reaction score
Eric, thank you for you response. I did not know if 100 extra PSI from a procon pump would make enough of a difference.It looks like the large orifice in the low pressure gun is the way to go.Thanks again, Pete

MEP001

Reaction score
The reason you won't get great foam from a normal high-pressure gun/tip is the flow. Remember that you're trying to move a bulky product - adding a foam generator won't help, in fact it might make it even worse. We have a separate tri-color foam conditioner application, and I use a 40GPM tip on it.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I installed a foam generator years ago on the presoak in one bay to see what the difference was. When it froze and cracked a couple of weeks ago I threw it away and bypassed it. It foams the same with it or without it.

Etowah