What's new

credit cards not working on any of in bays

travler

Reaction score
have 2 laser 4000 and 1 m5 none of them will take credit cards anyone have this problem ?

thanks

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Do you use Authorize.net? I thought I saw on pdq's website that there was a certain motherboard that was not going to be supported by authorize soon. Could that be the issue?

gearhead

Reaction score
If you have the Intrinsyc platform in your access machines and are running the 1.2 version board and use authorize.net as a card processor you lost your ability to accept credit cards on Nov.4th. Short term fix is to switch to first data. But as I understand that will also be going away in the near future. You will need to update your accesses to the Titan platform. Neither Intrinsyc or Viper will be able to accept the new card reader when PDQ eventually comes up with one. Call PDQ for more info. It may be wise to get in line sooner than later.

PDQ Support

Reaction score
Credit card processor Authorize.net stopped supporting SSL3.0,on Nov 4th, this is the protocol which the Intrysnic controller in the Access units used for card processing. The software protocols effected is in the windows based operating system, not PDQ written software.

All versions of Intrysnic controllers 1.2-1.5 are effected. They can not process credit cards on Authorize.Net

Vipers controllers use newer TLS protocols, these protocols are still supported by all processors. PDQ has not received any reports of viper controllers not processing credit cards because of the above issue.

Currently EFS - First Data still process credit cards using the older protocols. Credit card processing on Intrysnic units will work with them until they (EFS - First data) stop supporting SSL 3.0 protocols. PDQ doesn't have a time frame on when this will happen.

If operator choose to upgrade to the newest Titan platform controller, see benefits below, please note number 3. This is very important as Banks are starting to issue credit cards with EMV (chips) in them, Titan platforms are upgradeable to work with the new EMV cards. (PDQ is currently working on a kit for upgrading to EMV card readers ect)

The Titan upgrade kit contains several benefits: 1) Bigger/brighter screen; 2) high reliable credit card reader; 3) can be retrofitted for EMV (chip) cards in the future; 4) Revenue generating software features such as time based pricing, dynamic text, issue of up-to 16 wash packages, tunnel extra service option, expanded buy-up and discount features. PDQ offers several Titan upgrade paths.

If operators have any questions please call your distributor or PDQ for help.
Regards
PDQ Support

splashngocornwall

Reaction score
PDQ...

We've had chip enabled credit/debit cards in Canada for years now. I don't know how many customers I lose because the Access doesn't accept their preferred method of payment but I could easily estimate two/three per day. Add that up and I'm losing minimum $8000 - $11000 per year because we're using technology from the 90's...

As for the ''revenue generating software'' - all my Access machines have these options but most don't work properly. Just about anything I try with dynamic text doesn't even show up.

PDQ Support

Reaction score
splashngocornwall,

As stated above, we are currently working on getting software and parts together to accept credit cards with chips in them. The Canadian units should be available beginning in January of 2015.

Regarding the problems you are encountering with the revenue sharing software, it sounds as though there may be some programming issues. Please contact the technical services department and we can discuss how you currently have your unit setup and what you would like to do with it.

Best regards,
PDQ Support