What's new

Cryptopay and Cash App

Blanco

Reaction score
Any customer that uses a cash app card seems to not get their pre-authorization charge refunded and if they do it takes weeks. Does anyone else have this issue or a fix to it? Most times I just tell the customer to dispute the whole amount and send them a free wash for the inconvenience.

slash007

Reaction score
Any customer that uses a cash app card seems to not get their pre-authorization charge refunded and if they do it takes weeks. Does anyone else have this issue or a fix to it? Most times I just tell the customer to dispute the whole amount and send them a free wash for the inconvenience.
They do change it to the actual amount. Cashapp just takes forever. When I get a call, I ask if they used Cashapp or any other non real bank card. If so, I tell them that it will take longer, but 100% it will change. Then I let them know how unfriendly to consumers Cashapp is and to not use it again if they need their balance quickly. If they can't wait for their funds, send them a screenshot of the charges from the Cryptopay portal and they can chat with Cashapp rep in the app and have it done right away.

Last edited:

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
If they actually read the cash app terms of agreement that they signed, they would see it stated clearly in their terms, that a preauthorization hold may be as much as $175 and may take up to 30 days for cash app to release the funds. This is the problem with all these "non bank" cards, what they are doing is making interest off that hold during the time frame. I explained this to the last guy and he asked if i had a shredder to destroy his card.

Blanco

Reaction score
If they actually read the cash app terms of agreement that they signed, they would see it stated clearly in their terms, that a preauthorization hold may be as much as $175 and may take up to 30 days for cash app to release the funds. This is the problem with all these "non bank" cards, what they are doing is making interest off that hold during the time frame. I explained this to the last guy and he asked if i had a shredder to destroy his card.
Great info! Thank you for that. Starting to make sense. Now I can just send the terms of agreement and tell them go take it up with cash app. The only dislike I have about Cryptopay is it's a review killer because of the pre auth charge. I get bad reviews that say I robbed them of $10 all the time no matter how many signs I have posted. I guess though I really can't blame Cryptopay its the fact the customer are uneducated about the process. I do wish Cryptopay would come out with a touch screen swiper that has multiple price points so we can just get pass this whole pre auth charge issue. Probably easier said than done.

Blanco

Reaction score
If they can't wait for their funds, send them a screenshot of the charges from the Cryptopay portal and they can chat with Cashapp rep in the app and have it done right away.
Good idea. Im going to do this also. Seems like it's happening more often recently. Thank You.