What's new

Dencar Paystation thoughts

Etowah

CarWashDude101

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Daniel from Super Soaked CW,

I'm new to the car wash industry and am exploring options for my upcoming Petit systems. Dencar seems promising, particularly for memberships, but I’m curious about its performance for everyday operations.

I’ve spoken with other local car wash owners who mentioned experiencing intermittent touchscreen issues over the past 2-3 months with Dencar systems. Have any of you encountered similar problems? I’ve seen a mix of opinions online—some positive, some not so favorable—and I’m keen to hear your experiences.

Any insights, reviews, or feedback on Dencar would be greatly appreciated. Your input will help me make an informed decision. Thanks in advance!

CarWashDude101

Reaction score
I know someone that installed them 3 months ago and still is unable to sell memberships. His custom display is still not complete yet for the pay station and his app is still not functional.
Are you able to provide any more detail about this? If they cant get memberships up what is the point of the dencar system? That is definitely a little worrying...

Zal

Reaction score
I have had Dencar since they started producing them. I had one touch screen issue early on when the suppliers during the pandemic were not up on quality. Smooth sailing since! (I also had Hamilton touchscreens fail on HTK so it does happen) Dencar has an HVAC system in the stand alone paystation that is intended to keep the controller and the touchscreen at optimal temp for long life. If you want eloctronics to live, then temp control is necessary. I would make sure whatever equipment you get has adequate temp control on the cabinet. The membership works flawlessly but YOU need good internet.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have had Dencar since they started producing them. I had one touch screen issue early on when the suppliers during the pandemic were not up on quality. Smooth sailing since! (I also had Hamilton touchscreens fail on HTK so it does happen) Dencar has an HVAC system in the stand alone paystation that is intended to keep the controller and the touchscreen at optimal temp for long life. If you want eloctronics to live, then temp control is necessary. I would make sure whatever equipment you get has adequate temp control on the cabinet. The membership works flawlessly but YOU need good internet.
Same here. I believe I was the first to buy them outside of the owners themselves using them at their own sites. I bought 4 of them and took a big risk but since then I've been 100% satisfied with the product. My customers love them! They're very easy to use and intuitive. Never really pushed memberships or advertised them - just sell them at the POS/kiosk and in that environment there's no better alternative in my opinion.

Like you, I had a faulty touchscreen that was attributed to poor quality control and was replaced immediately through the guys at Dencar.

With 100% confidence Customer Support if and when is needed is the best I've ever had.

Zal

Reaction score
Yep. I don’t think you would have any trouble unless you won’t pay someone (technical) when you need help. Right now I believe they work with most distributors and all the major manufacturers. You will never work with better people. I think O.P. Might want to check around more with other owners. Only 1 guy I ever heard of that couldn’t make it work. Might be in that same area.

OurTown

Reaction score
We bought the whole package that they sell with I think every option including the digital menu. The install has been an absolute nightmare. Never have I seen such a complicated system in my life. The components are pretty much all Chinese made and appears to be consumer grade. Multiple items were fried and the mini computer that controls the vacs wasn't even programmed. Seems like the people that love it have the older setup. Dencar makes changes so often that the install instructions are always out of date. I'm sure we will love it once we get it going (I think it works now) and get open for business. They seem like they have a good concept and good tech support.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
We bought the whole package that they sell with I think every option including the digital menu. The install has been an absolute nightmare.
Every pay station has its pros and cons. IMO, Dencar makes a solid solution for selling washes/memberships.

I have installed multiple Dencar units and don't find it that complicated. If you have no understanding of networking concepts or are not tech savvy, you should have someone else handle the installation. A lot of pieces of hardware must talk to one another via networked connections.

+100 on Dencar tech support.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
We bought the whole package that they sell with I think every option including the digital menu. The install has been an absolute nightmare. Never have I seen such a complicated system in my life. The components are pretty much all Chinese made and appears to be consumer grade. Multiple items were fried and the mini computer that controls the vacs wasn't even programmed. Seems like the people that love it have the older setup. Dencar makes changes so often that the install instructions are always out of date. I'm sure we will love it once we get it going (I think it works now) and get open for business. They seem like they have a good concept and good tech support.
Everything is sadly made in China these days.

OurTown

Reaction score
Every pay station has its pros and cons. IMO, Dencar makes a solid solution for selling washes/memberships.

I have installed multiple Dencar units and don't find it that complicated. If you have no understanding of networking concepts or are not tech savvy, you should have someone else handle the installation. A lot of pieces of hardware must talk to one another via networked connections.

+100 on Dencar tech support.

I didn't install it and wasn't involved in it but observed. My wife helped with some of the networking and other tech stuff because she is very tech savvy. I showed her what I wrote here and she agreed with all of it.