What's new

Detail Booth Rental Rates

RobIbarraJ

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need an experienced Car Wash owner and/or members here to help me with a reasonable rental rate for a detail booth. I am looking a buying two self-serve car washes that will need some rehab. I was interested in installing a car port with walls to serve as a booth for a detailer to come in a few times per week to offer detailing services and increase revenue for the sites. I would love advice if someone is doing that now and any ideas you would have, and rental rate info. All info is welcome and appreciated.

Reaction score
A detailer was a total flop at my location. We had a pretty bad detailer though. They would use our SS bays for extended periods of time blocking my regular customers, didn't clean up after themselves, and would kick back in folding chairs behind my building smoking cigars when they were between detail jobs. Long story short, we kicked them after 2 months and will never go back. I don't think they brought in ANY more business, they will stack waiting vehicles in your way blocking other forms of revenue, and if they don't have your sense of professionalism, they will reflect badly on your business.

RobIbarraJ

Reaction score
A detailer was a total flop at my location. We had a pretty bad detailer though. They would use our SS bays for extended periods of time blocking my regular customers, didn't clean up after themselves, and would kick back in folding chairs behind my building smoking cigars when they were between detail jobs. Long story short, we kicked them after 2 months and will never go back. I don't think they brought in ANY more business, they will stack waiting vehicles in your way blocking other forms of revenue, and if they don't have your sense of professionalism, they will reflect badly on your business.
Thank you for the insight, great info! It definitely is a hit and miss from what I've been learning. Definitely requires strict vetting.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we have a separate detail building on site. 3 bays. separate manager. this is the only way to go imo. keeps control of operations so professionalism and quality are prioritized.

and I'm not sure that offering detailing would bring in any extra car wash business. They are two separate businesses not unlike car wash and used car sales which I also offer.

I think it's best to treat all these businesses as separate entities regarding management, marketing, staffing etc. Whether you put them all under the umbrella of one corporation for example is up to you but that's what I do.

Last edited:
Etowah