What's new

Digital Thermostat control

washregal

Reaction score
I am looking at analog vs . in thinking that digital is much more accurate what is everyones thought.

I have dial in thermostats from honeywell on my floor heat, my methanol change overs and my HP wash tanks.

I have a digital control Johnson controls A419 Controller that works well on my IBA tube heater.

Does it make sense to guy one of these for all of my analog appications...

Seems like every year I can never dial in the thermostats accuratly.. I have them at 40 degrees to read 32... bad for winter months.. real bad....

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Washregal,

We use Goldline Independent Energy Controls. They are digital. They have been rock solid for over 15 years. They allow staging, alarm & precise temperature differential control with nifty readouts with hi & lo etc. 24 or 120 volts flexibility. Windtrax may or I know used to sell them. I have seen them on solar control websites. They are economical as in less than $100 each. There are other brands similar but those are what we used. We hope to still be able to get them. There are advantages to having the readout right on the controllers vs having to go to a computer screen.

Randy

Reaction score
I like to use the Dixmor DX1000 weep mizer. You can use the secondary output to control what ever you want. I believe the Dixmor DX1000 can be modified so you can use it without the on/off weep cycle on output #1.

soapy

Reaction score
I also use the A419 thermostats. I use them on all my floor heat units.

soapy

Reaction score
I have some locations that have been using them for over 10 years. One thing I did was to take a 1/2 inch clear poly tube and put it in the concrete so that an open end is exposed in the equipment room. Then I slide the temp. sensor down the tube out into the concrete slab. This way if a sensor goes bad it is easy to replace. On some of my existing location I had to cut the concrete out in a shallow trench to put the tube in and then use epoxy cement to cover it back up. Once you determine what temperature the sensor needs to show to keep your slab ice free it is a set it and forget it deal.

Etowah