What's new

Does anyone know where to find IDX big two timers or a replacement?

coinwash

Reaction score
Hi, I’m trying to find a few IDX big two timers, the ones I had burnt out but it looks like they are discontinued, does anyone know where to find a good alternative or a place that sells them reasonably priced? Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
I'd replace them with Dixmor timers. IDX has gone under.

TMoliver

Reaction score
IDX is gone , that is correct. However, Kleen Rite owns the marking rights for most of IDX products as they are purchasing from the engineering company that made the products or IDX . If you need a replacement Big Time you can purchase a replacement circuit board, Do you know the exact model of IDX timer or display only? If not you can send a picture of the circuit board to sales@dwsequip.com and someone will look at the board and get back with you with the crossover part number.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is it a "Big Time" timer? If so you can get a Dixmor LED 9 upgrade kit that fits into the IDX case.

mucoucah

Reaction score
I just had the same issue. The led matrices burned out. I ordered a new set and they burned out again within a week. The voltage regulator goes bad on those boards. You can tweak and adjust it, but it is simpler just to replace with a dixmor unit. Get the one with the brackets if you order from kleen rite snd they mount in the same box as the old board (they are half the height as the old board as well)
In one of my units the replacement was straight forward. The other one i had to add a wire from the selector to make it work right.
Programming them is a bit of a chore, but now they are solid and working flawlessly.