What's new

EV charging stations

GP85

Reaction score
Hello all,

My wash is in a nice area with a good demographic. 5 S.S. with a touchless automatic. We have a good amount of EV business and there is 1 charging station in town that I know of…

Has anyone looked into my installing charging stations at their wash?

Not sure but I’d imagine they are expensive up front, possible profit sharing companies, unknown margins, etc.

I am not an EV fan just looking for another income stream.

Looking forward to hear everyone’s feedback.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I spent time and resources exploring charging stations at my SS. This would be in conjunction with my usps contracts. The state regulatory commissions made it impossible to even recoup my maintenance expenses and I would be considered an energy producer. Rates would be set by the Public Service Commission that I could charge my customer's. That's in Montana, maybe your state is friendlier to businesses.

OurTown

Reaction score
What will they do while waiting to charge up? The charging stations I see are all at shopping locations.

GP85

Reaction score
I spent time and resources exploring charging stations at my SS. This would be in conjunction with my usps contracts. The state regulatory commissions made it impossible to even recoup my maintenance expenses and I would be considered an energy producer. Rates would be set by the Public Service Commission that I could charge my customer's. That's in Montana, maybe your state is friendlier to businesses.
Thanks MudMoney. I will need to do more research and see

Etowah