What's new

First time buyer

David12

Reaction score
I’m lookin to buy an 8 bay self service carwash, but it needs all new equipment and i have no clue where to start when it comes to looking for equipment to a remodel. Help?

PEI

Reaction score
OurTown is right that you should focus on the equipment in the bay first, especially the meter box and if it doesn't have it yet I would recommend adding a dryer to each bay.

If you really want new equipment then I would recommend the GinSan Direct Drive with an off board Low Pressure System. Everything is easy to get too to work on, simple and reliable. You can call them at 800-446-7267 to find out your local distributor. You might also try Coleman-Hanna at 800-999-9878. Their self serve is really reliable but difficult to get to some of the parts.

David12

Reaction score
Why do you think it needs replaced? Most equipment can be repaired or gone through to make reliable. The stuff in the bays are what your customer sees and that should look good.
Well when i went to the site to look and try out the bays out of 8 4 were down with most of the meter boxes were run down or unreadable, and when i tried the wash the soap brush didn’t foam and the gun pressure wash low but i most definitely agree with you on about what the customers see and repairing existing equipment so that’s why i wanna change out the bay equipment and other equipment if needed. i should of been more specific my apologies

OurTown

Reaction score
Well when i went to the site to look and try out the bays out of 8 4 were down with most of the meter boxes were run down or unreadable, and when i tried the wash the soap brush didn’t foam and the gun pressure wash low but i most definitely agree with you on about what the customers see and repairing existing equipment so that’s why i wanna change out the bay equipment and other equipment if needed. i should of been more specific my apologies

That is all repairable for cheap compared to spending $200K or more on new equipment.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
I’m lookin to buy an 8 bay self service carwash, but it needs all new equipment and i have no clue where to start when it comes to looking for equipment to a remodel. Help?
Likewise, if you have some water treatment equipment (e.g., backwashing carbon tank, single or twin water softener, RO system) I'd look at maintenance and/or repair before replacement.

Pics of this equipment can get us started here.

Russ

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
As has been said, get as many pictures as possible and post them. Honestly, no one here can give you specific answers without them.

CarwashOS

Reaction score
Agreed with the others, get some pictures, and let the community help you make that determination. Repairing is always the first best option, you want as many cars out of each piece of equipment before you consider replacing.