What's new

foam pump

superwash

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on a pump for the foam brushes? Mine is a florite pump that the prior owner smacked with a hammer daily to ensure the flow of soap! Is there a better pump system, or should I buy a hammer?

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Have Flo-Jets on all low pressure functions. They have worked out great for me, just make sure you supply dry air to them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I also use FloJet, have had almost no problems with them. A good oil/water separator on the air line is all you need.

Eric H

Reaction score
Florite is the brand of well pumps sold at home depot.
Does this pump run all the time thru an open loop? Or does it cycle on and off only when the function is being used, "dead heading" at the last bay? If it dead heads it would be easy to switch over to a Flojet G57 and end a lot of headaches. If it is an open loop then there may be some other issues with switching over.

MEP001

Reaction score
Eric H said:
Florite is the brand of well pumps sold at home depot.
Flotec is the brand of well pumps sold at Home Depot. Florite is a brand of aerating pump, similar to a fish tank bubbler. If he's using such a pump for foam brush, he'll hold the record for the biggest tightwad I've heard of.

If I'm right, get a good twin-piston upright compressor. Make sure it's broken in properly per the installation instructions.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Ditto on the flo Jet.

Get the Viton seals. worth the extra $ just in case any soap is caustic.

Ditto on the dry air. Got my air line water filters with auto dump from McMaster Carr. a little pricey, but got tired of finding full filters.