What's new

For airplane nuts at the show

mac

Reaction score
Just a little reminder for anyone going to the ICA show in April. The EAA is hosting its annual show in Lakeland from April 8 to the 13. It's less than an hour away. If you have anything to do with aviation and/or aircraft, this is hard to beat The Blue Angles will be performing, and some real cool flying things will be there, such as the new V22 tilt rotor that the Marines are getting. There's good rumors that a mockup of Space Ship 2 will be there. It's cheaper than Disney and way more fun.

mac

Reaction score
Here's the link: http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/ One of these days I'll learn how to actually link, but for now just copy and paste to your browser. I'm fortunate to have a Mooney, an M20J model. The panel has everything but radar and antiice. Just an unbelievable little ship. Cruises at 175 mph while burning 10 gallons per hour. With a 60 gallon tank, I can go to the Bahamas and back on one tank. It's the first plane that my wife likes !

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Here's the link: http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/ One of these days I'll learn how to actually link, but for now just copy and paste to your browser. I'm fortunate to have a Mooney, an M20J model. The panel has everything but radar and antiice. Just an unbelievable little ship. Cruises at 175 mph while burning 10 gallons per hour. With a 60 gallon tank, I can go to the Bahamas and back on one tank. It's the first plane that my wife likes !
Sounds sweet Mac. I enjoy seeing/hearing of the technology involved in getting a plane into the air. I just can't get up the nerve to try it myself:eek:

Etowah

mac

Reaction score
Ric, it's not as intimidating as it seems. You just take it in small bites, and after a while you get the hang of it. Right about the time you run out of money. Just makes you work a little harder.