What's new

Fresh look at a 20 year old Vendmaster

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I would love to buy a new shurvend as I am sure most ss operators would right now. Due to general economics and the car wash industry in my area specifically, I need to make due with what I have for the time being. My question is: I need to replace the 'guts' of my vendmaster. It only takes quarters and dispenses dimes and nickels as change. What I would like to do is get a new coin acceptor and controller that I could just wire the motors directly into. The vendor itself works fine as is, but I would like to make it multi-coin acceptable. Could I program some type of relay or PLC to control this? Is there somewhere that has something like this ready for purchase? I am hoping that I could do this on the right side of $500. Any ideas?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What changer is in your machine? How many coin tubes does it have? I have machines almost 20 years old. I have had both Mars and Coinco changers in them. They have a little toggle switch inside them for accepting dollar coins (originally intended for SBAs). They are never turned on. I flipped mine on when I switched to dispensing gold dollars. They also have a position for the Canadian dollar. This position can be used for a dollar token, I've been doing it for years

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What changer is in your machine? How many coin tubes does it have? I have machines almost 20 years old. I have had both Mars and Coinco changers in them. They have a little toggle switch inside them for accepting dollar coins (originally intended for SBAs). They are never turned on. I flipped mine on when I switched to dispensing gold dollars. They also have a position for the Canadian dollar. This position can be used for a dollar token, I've been doing it for years
I have the coinco changer with a tube for nickels and one for dimes. The quarter insert slot isn't even tall enough to fit a gold dollar in it.

I just did some googling :D and found this website: http://www.vendorsequipment.com It looks like they have what I need, I just don't know how it would interface with my motor setup. They don't have a lot of info on their detail page. I will have to give them a call tomorrow.

soapy

Reaction score
I told shurevend years ago before they started making the half pint vendor that they should make a small vendor with the same footprint as the old Max vends. I have seen hundreds of them at washes and they all need replaced. The new shurevend half pint vendor is about 6 inches bigger than a maxvend so it won't go in the same hole. If shurevend would make one the size of a old maxvend they would sell alot more of the small vendors. i would be first in line for one.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have some calls out to check and see if there is any way possible to install a new acceptor, but it doesn't look good. It looks like I am up crap creek right now.

Randy

Reaction score
I believe the Vendmaster was made by RPD Vending. You might wantto try them to see if they can help you. I needed some parts (control board) for a Vendmaster and they had it in stock. www.rpdvending.com

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Yeah, I called shurvend and Jim put me in contact with his coinco rep who is pursuing changing the control board along with the coin acceptor.

I will try the link. Thanks!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well, then I have officially gone full cirlce. I started out with D/H and then went to about four different vending mfg's and now I have been directed back to Grant Sales. UUUHHHHHHH!!!! What a PITA!!