What's new

Fuses for JE Adams vacuums

Rainway

Reaction score
Anyone know where to source 10 amp in-line fuses for JE Adams vacuums? I checked Amazon didn’t have luck.

I’ll end up paying $50 shipping for drop ship from JE Adams if I go through the guy I ordered the vacuum from. I found 8 amp fuses on Kleen-Rite but am told we have 10 amp fuses.

Thanks

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
Do a Google search for LGR10 fuse.

Keno

Reaction score
Have you tried home depot or similar? Local electric supply house? Hvac supply? This should be very common to find locally.

OurTown

Reaction score
Have you tried home depot or similar? Local electric supply house? Hvac supply? This should be very common to find locally.

They are not common at all.

Keno

Reaction score
They are not common at all.
I don't have any JE vacs, what is so special about them? And why would JE use a specialized fuse, that's highly inconvenient for owners of the vacs

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
In the past I've used plain old cheap glass fuses in a holder to protect a vacuum timer hooked directly to the motors. I can't recall any issues.

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't have any JE vacs, what is so special about them? And why would JE use a specialized fuse, that's highly inconvenient for owners of the vacs

I'm not sure why they use them other than so we have to buy from them. I had one of those JE Adams fuse holders go bad recently and I did what Greg did. Cut it out and put a standard inline fuse holder with a 1/4" X 1 1/4" glass fuse in it. Also recently while trying to hook up a Dencar relay on an old D&S vac it blew it's transformer fuse. It is a 3 amp fast acting, 10mm X 35mm "midget" fuse that was hard to find locally. Still can't figure out why it's blowing the fuse every time we try to activate it with the Dencar system.

Randy

Reaction score
It’s not really too hard to figure out why the manufactures use a cheap hard to find fuse when they build the equipment. They build the equipment as cheap as they can to sell it. If they installed a breaker instead of a fuse when they built the equipment it would be more expensive and they wouldn’t be able to sell there over priced fuses.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they use them other than so we have to buy from them. I had one of those JE Adams fuse holders go bad recently and I did what Greg did. Cut it out and put a standard inline fuse holder with a 1/4" X 1 1/4" glass fuse in it. Also recently while trying to hook up a Dencar relay on an old D&S vac it blew it's transformer fuse. It is a 3 amp fast acting, 10mm X 35mm "midget" fuse that was hard to find locally. Still can't figure out why it's blowing the fuse every time we try to activate it with the Dencar system.
I had the same problem installing the Dencar relays. The installer finally figured it out after several tries and burned up relays and transformers.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Intermountain Fuse in Salt Lake City stocks all sorts of odd ball fuses. Their prices are very reasonable and they will mail them the same day. They are great to deal with on the phone.