What's new

Hamilton Goldline Credit Card Retrofit Kits

carstawash

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their Goldline to a Cryptopay or Nayax retrofit kit? Trying to decide on which one would be better. With Cryptopay only being swipe and tap we are concerned about the future PCI compliance. We believe both companies have comparable processing fees but heard cryptopay has better customer service.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I upgraded my gold line to a crypto pay swipe and tap a couple of years ago. It's worked flawlessly. The conversion was easy and it processes cards a lot faster than my old dial-up set up. I've had crypto pay in my Wand bays for several years and they've worked great.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I’ll second Waxman’s recommendation. I added Crypto & Tap to several ACW5’s and a Goldline, have two more to do. It’s a no brainer.

Roz

Reaction score
I’ll second Waxman’s recommendation. I added Crypto & Tap to several ACW5’s and a Goldline, have two more to do. It’s a no brainer.
CryptoPay is much easier to use than Nayax for customers and owners plus you have remote control with CryptoPay.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Ok
So I have all Hamilton equip
My Commander paystation at one site is with World Pay. Once a year you have to pass a PCI compliance test. Bunch a questions - half of which make no sense - and they do a scan of your internet connection. It used to be once a qtr but I got higher up the chain during the last 1-800 help call. Switched to once a year.
the crypto pay card readers in the self serve bays- no such thing to do. Crypto pay does this for you.

My old ACW with a crypto pay reader on it - and ss bays were crypto- never heard of PCI compliance.

Site 2. Hamilton Goldline with TSYS card system. Just last week had to do my quarterly line scan - I failed - 800 cust service said new rules went into effect in June. Anyhow, I went to wash unhooked my cameras from internet, re scanned and and passed. Then went and hooked my cameras back up. Plus, they all have a small fee on bill for PCI compliance

HeyVern

Reaction score
Ok
So I have all Hamilton equip
My Commander paystation at one site is with World Pay. Once a year you have to pass a PCI compliance test. Bunch a questions - half of which make no sense - and they do a scan of your internet connection. It used to be once a qtr but I got higher up the chain during the last 1-800 help call. Switched to once a year.
the crypto pay card readers in the self serve bays- no such thing to do. Crypto pay does this for you.

My old ACW with a crypto pay reader on it - and ss bays were crypto- never heard of PCI compliance.

Site 2. Hamilton Goldline with TSYS card system. Just last week had to do my quarterly line scan - I failed - 800 cust service said new rules went into effect in June. Anyhow, I went to wash unhooked my cameras from internet, re scanned and and passed. Then went and hooked my cameras back up. Plus, they all have a small fee on bill for PCI compliance
Crypto readers are not PCI compliant therefore no need for PCI scans.

ShinePro

Reaction score
This is all I know!
Off the Crypto pay web site
I read this as that Crypto pay readers meet World pay’s PCI compliance protocols without any work on our part

Roz

Reaction score
CC Fee % really depends on the ticket price and overall volume. On the Hamilton it should be around 3.6% with tickets in the $10-$17 range. WorldPay has started to sneak in new fees now and then (like the PCI Compliance Fee) mentioned above which may have increased our % by 0.1 overall. Unfortunately with the IDTech Retrofit door we do not have a choice. Prior to the new door we used Chase with the Goldlines and those fees where about 3.2%. WorldPay is a pain in that you cannot easily get help or a human if you have an issue, thankfully we have few if any issues. Forget about responding to a disputed charge as they do not care and automatically side with the CC customer no matter the info you provide them - again thankfully I can count on two fingers the number of issues we have in a given year as we try hard to prevent issues with our customer service....

Roz

Reaction score
Just finished our retrofit kit upgrade. Took about four hours per door to replace, move components, and program. Easy process but just takes time

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
Just finished our retrofit kit upgrade. Took about four hours per door to replace, move components, and program. Easy process but just takes time
That's a nice looking autocashier

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Roz that is really nice. Good job. Has the auto casher bin in service long?

Etowah