What's new

Help drilling out Medico T-handle lock

truevidiot

Reaction score
I need to drill out 4 Medico locks on my changers. Is there a recommended process?
Also any recommendations on drill bits and sizes?

Thanks

Troy
Action Amusements

soapy

Reaction score
I had to use a grinder to cut out a medeco T handle lock off a shurvend vendor last week. Very hard steel took about a hour. Someone had jambed a bunch of small pins in it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I had to use a grinder to cut out a medeco T handle lock off a shurvend vendor last week. Very hard steel took about a hour. Someone had jambed a bunch of small pins in it.
Randy taught me how to do the T Handles . I did it on my 4 Coleman Vaults. Only took about 10 minutes each and could have probably been done quicker except i wanted to be careful not to damage the housing so i could put the new tumbler in the old housings.

Randy

Reaction score
I need to drill out 4 Medico locks on my changers. Is there a recommended process?
Also any recommendations on drill bits and sizes?

Thanks

Troy
Action Amusements
Troy, I’m not going to tell you how to drill out a Medeco lock and I don’t think anyone here on the Forum should either. Your PM message to me was rather suspect to me. If you’ve got 4 “T” handle Medeco locks to get into my suggestion would be to call a locksmith.

truevidiot

Reaction score
I under stand your apprehension to release that info to me as seen from my posts I am new to this forum and I don’t own a car wash. I am in the arcade business in Canada.
I do respect that fact you don’t release the info freely to anyone.

I apologize for the private message but thought a message to you would help and introducing my self and including my business phone number would help to relieve the awkwardness. But I see that it only has made it worse.

I purchased the assets and business from a retired vendor. There are 4 standard changers. Two are SC94T with Max controllers updates, one I’m not sure about and the last is an older MC102. He handed me a ring of keys at time of purchase and with everything going on I didn’t test the keys. A year later when I needed them none of the keys worked. I searched up and down his shop with no avail. The good thing they are in the shop not mounted.

I started drilling the first one and made a mess of it. I posted the question on Doug Bale’s “America Changer Help Group” on FB.
Using a 3/8 bit. (I will leave out the details) and broke a lot of bits.

Randy may I ask you this?
Is the process of breaking bits typical or am I using the wrong technique? The last changer I sent out he said it took hours and he broke 3 bits and charged me for bits and his time.

Thank you. Troy