What's new

High pressure engaging when rotary set to wax

cfdetailing

Reaction score
Hey all!

Yesterday I ran into a problem with one of my ss bays. For some reason it has started engaging high pressure when wax is selected. My wax is a low pressure system supplied from a flo jet. The electric solenoid for the bay after my flojet is opening for that bay. It is on a 10 position rotary switch and I made sure my resistor is pulled for wax aswell. I don't understand how the control is getting power to engage the pump. Any ideas where to check? Thanks!

Randy

Reaction score
I'd start by checking the wiring in the coin box. If the wiring in the coin box looks to be OK then I'd change out the rotary switch. You've got a short somewhere.

cfdetailing

Reaction score
I'd start by checking the wiring in the coin box. If the wiring in the coin box looks to be OK then I'd change out the rotary switch. You've got a short somewhere.
Thanks, I have checked the wiring in the coin box and it all looks good. Nothing loose or touching eachother. I thought bad rotary aswell. So I switched it out and still no change.

Randy

Reaction score
Have you checked the wiring on your pumping equipment?

OurTown

Reaction score
When wax is selected does it still energize the wax solenoid valve? When other high pressure functions are selected do they all work fine and do they also engage the wax system?

cfdetailing

Reaction score
Found the problem! My carpenter put a screw through my wire for the coin box🤦. Wax and my load wire ended up getting shorted together. Thankfully i had spare wires in the wire harness that were un harmed. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!