What's new

High Pressure Hose from EQ to Bay

CWS

Reaction score
Has any one used 3/8-100R7 hose (synflex) as a high pressure hose? My guess it will resist freezing and pulsation. Thanks

CWS

Reaction score
If it's the hose in the bay, I wouldn't use any 3/8" hose. It has over twice the volume of a 1/4", which is going to greatly increase changeover times.
not in the bay from EQ Room to bay. have you used 100R7 thermoplastic hose for that application?

Randy

Reaction score
Has any one used 3/8-100R7 hose (synflex) as a high pressure hose? My guess it will resist freezing and pulsation. Thanks
The place that I once worked at tired it and it didn't work out very well. Don't waste your time or money. It will freeze and the abrasion quality's are very good.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I used a hose similar to that years ago. I didn’t like it. Abrasion resistance wasn’t very good. It was hard to put the fitting on without twisting the hose. When it failed from age and general wear and tear, it was futile to splice it, because it would just fail in another spot quickly afterward.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I am very familiar with thermoplastic hose. It is very good hose. We use it on all of our IBA's. That being said it will definitely work for what you are wanting to do but I would not consider it anymore freeze resistant than wire braid. Its also expensive af ($10+/ft).

Make sure it is secured anywhere along its path and in the trough so it cannot move. Use stainless hose ends as the hose will outlast steel ends.

Make sure you understand how to crimp stainless to thermoplastic hose. A lot of distributors don't know how to crimp wire braid properly so they likely won't know how to crimp thermoplastic.