What's new

hose repair

bepco1

Reaction score
Trying to repair high pressure, have read post on cutting pipe, my problem is getting old hose out of reuseable fitting
hope there is an easy way or is it best to just replace the whole fitting.
Called reuseable so i figure there is a way to reuse
alan

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a hose crimper now, but have used many reusables over the years. I just clamped the hose in a vice as close as possible to the fitting and just screw it off (left hand thread). Of course if the hose is torn off flush with the fitting that is not an option and you are up to your own wits as to digging it out or discarding the fitting.

Eric H

Reaction score
I asked for some "reuseable" hose ends at the hose store. The guy behind the counter was emphatic that they are one time use only, not REALLY reusable.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
He doesn't know sheep $h!+ from Arbuckles coffee. I've used them over and over. Go to the CW supply houses (Windtrax, Dultmeier, K/R) and you'll find what you need.

bepco1

Reaction score
so i got it out now can't seemto thread back back on(left handed)
i feel like to back to dick and jane in school
alan

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I'll get you through this. I just went out in my garage and did one with pics for you. Can you tell it's raining here?

First off, I'm assuming you have the inner part screwed out of the outer part. If not, that's the problem. Anyway, here's how it's done.

I like to sharpen the end of the hose a little by trimming a little of the outer cover off. This makes it much easier to get it started on.

Clamp the hose snugly in a vice, but don't crush it. Leave just enough exposed to screw the fitting all the way on.

Use a ratchet and socket to screw it on, pushing while turning (left hand thread). Stop when it bottoms out.

Now clamp the fitting in the vice and screw in the inner part. You need to push in fairly hard to get it started. I like to put a little oil on the hose and fitting to make it go in easier. Screw it in until it bottoms out and you're done.

I have had them go on nearly all the way and get so tight that they feel like they are going to break or strip out. I have used them within about 1/16" of bottoming out and never had one come off.

This can be done with wrenches and without the aid of a vice, but it's like nailing jello to a tree.

bepco1

Reaction score
you are great
your right i did not take the inner part out
i will install to in am
the pics are great
there is no doubt in my mind this is the greatest site for helping one another
alan

bigleo48

Reaction score
Pat,

I do the same, but cut the HP hose with a grinder and use an impact wrench to screw on the fittings. I can make a hose up in about a minute. That's if I have found all the tools and they're out and ready :)

Big Leo