What's new

hp pump chemical draw revisited

waright

Reaction score
Buzzie8 had a post several weeks ago about underperforming wax on his water wizard. I have a customer with the same problem. He has tried several wax products, dilutions up to 25:1, throttling the pump inlet back, all with no success. My question is: He says the hp pump regulator bypass line feeds back into the pump on the opposite side of the water inlet from the holding tank. The chemical (wax) tees into the bybass line side of the cat pump. I'm familiar with several other auto manufactures and they all put the bypass line back to tee into the feed line from the holding tank. Therefore, the chemical (wax) is fed into the pump by itself, on the inlet opposite of the holding tank and bypass inlet. I originally thought these plumbing variations would make no difference in chemical draw, but now I'm doubting myself after reading about Buzzie's problems. Should I replumb the bypass line on the Water Wizard?

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
we have three wizards and the bypass line is piped into the suction line from the tank,,,

the wax is added on the other side of the pump suction by itself,

this is not a good way either but it is the way it came from the factory