What's new

Hypro 2414 pump

toddmullens

Reaction score
I know these pumps are discontinued and parts are no longer available but I still have 6 in service and a couple brand new pumps on the shelf. That being said, has anyone ever experienced one of these having a slight pulsation at the wand when trigger is pulled? It’s very similar to when a Cat 5cp2120 pump has a blown o-ring on a valve. It just does spray very smoothly and I don’t like it. It’s driving me nuts. I checked all the valves and they are good and the head is not washed out. This is actually a newer pump and has not been in service that long compared to others that are pushing 20+ years. Also checked the inlet strainer and check valves. My next step is to feed it directly with a water hose and see if that stops the pulsating. At least then I will know the issue is in the plumbing somewhere and not the pump. I hate to throw parts at it and hope for the best since these parts are not made any longer. Will bad seals cause pulsation? Always thought bad seals made the pump leak but not pulsate.