What's new

Inbay automatic car wash space requirement

shaitown77

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and have basic question. Can anyone share the space requirement for an inbay automatic system. I am looking at a 4 bay manual car wash and want to install 2 inbay automatic systems. All guidance is appreciated.

washnshine

Reaction score
It depends on the manufacturer - they will vary. It also matters if you are going to have soft touch, touchfree, machine mounted blowers, blowers outside the building etc. I’d just take a look at the websites for:

Washworld
PDQ
Belanger
Ryko
D&S
Mark VII
Pettit
Oasis
Coleman

This will give you a ballpark figure- depending on what you want to install.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Make sure you understand the electrical requirements. You will likely need to upgrade service at a 4 bay SS to handle 2 IBA's. This can be a big pain point.

Might need to size up your water tap as well.

gomerpyle

Reaction score
I am new here so take my advice with a grain of salt. If getting new equipment. Make sure you have a good service provider. They have made a huge difference for me as I get up to speed and learn what I can and cannot repair.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Find a local distributor and they will be very helpful with any questions you have related to start up. That is what they do for a living and they will see you as a potential customer so will most likely go above and beyond. Ours has been very helpful over the years.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Car Wash Man is correct. Find a local company that can install and service your first machine so you can get to know what is needed and help you be successful.

washnshine

Reaction score
Also - if you get a friction unit, you don’t want the side brushes touching the walls when they are spinning.

STXCW

Reaction score
Make sure you understand the electrical requirements. You will likely need to upgrade service at a 4 bay SS to handle 2 IBA's. This can be a big pain point.

Might need to size up your water tap as well.
Some good advice right here. One site we added an in bay to was $33k just to increase the electrical service to the wash. On top of construction cost to increase the length and height of the bay.