What's new

Is this a good idea?

Clintearl

Reaction score
Trying to attacted SS business. The younger crowd seems to go to near by larger town at a popular SS car wash, I guess its kind of a hang out place. My equipment is better,better chemical, price about the same. Thinking about adding bonus time. Currently my price is 1.25 for 3 min or .36 per min. I would like to have a 5.00 for 20 min option, but my timers will only let me add time after the start up. I am thinking about bonus time of 1 min per .25 after start up. Also having a sign that says 5.00 for 18 minutes. Will this help or hurt my SS business. Any other ideas?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Ideas

Your targeted clients are responding to something that appeals to them. You are considering a response based on price discounting. These are probably two very different things-- in their eyes.

Define exactly what appeals to these target clients, and then create something even better that appeals to that group. Keep your prices up, add the appeal, and .... succeed.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
You should go hang out there a little and see if a "hang out" means more money or just time wasters in the parking lot. I wish I could be as low cost as you , Don't go lower, maybe start some fundraisers, get some excitement going, add features or more vending Etc. If the crowd really does spend more --go over and bribe them with bags of tokens($10-20) to come and hang out. Sometimes the hang outs are nothing more than loud music and garbage on the lot.
john

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I like the idea of going to the other wash and seeing what makes this place so great. I have had some 'hanger outers' and they have never been up to any good. I like the customers that vac, wash, and leave.