What's new

Kiss

James

10 Year Member
Reaction score
I should know better. Problem with one of the changers. It's paying out 11-13 bucks for every bill until the controller shuts it down. I switched the acceptor, controller, hopper, hopper motor, and wiring harness. Still it pays too much. Many hours in the hot sun to no avail. This thing is going to the shop. Then I asked my wife to feed in a bill while I observed the operation. Hey, the coin counter isn't counting coins! I checked the switch by pushing it with my finger and it worked fine earlier. WTF? Oh yeah the little screw that actuates the switch was out of adjustment. Again, I should know better.
Newbies, check the easiest crap first! It will save you much time and trouble.

Randy

Reaction score
James, it?s too bad you didn?t call me or E-mail before you got so involved with swapping out components. I knew what your problem was in the second sentence. What model Hopper do you have? You might want to consider buying another payout switch to have on hand. It sounds like it might be on it?s last leg.

Plow Guy

Reaction score
Good Morning Randy, I changed out the wheels on my hoppers from .25 to One Dollar this spring. While I had it apart I replaced my counting switches, after reprogramming my controller I fired it up. I also had an 11 dollar pay out. I had to adjust my double click switch up if memory servers me. Luckily I caught it during testing. Tricky little boogers thoughts double click switches. All the best

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What brand of changer are you having these problems with?

I have definitely used the kiss method alot since I bought a pandora's box. The quickest solution is usually the simplest.

James

10 Year Member
Reaction score
Randy,
I have a spare switch. I checked the old one by pushing it with my finger and eliminated it early on. Didn't even consider the little set screw being out of adjustment. I must be getting old.

mac

Reaction score
What most commonally happens is that a small ball of fuzz/dirt buipds up under the switch lever and prevents it from consistently coming down to make contact. So the hopper just feeds them out. You can clean out the little fuzzball by removing the hopper and lifting the plastic plate for access.