What's new

Kleen-Rite should start a classified ad service

OurTown

Reaction score
When looking to buy or sell used car wash equipment the choices of online listings are limited:

1. Classified ads on this site. Free and easy to contact the seller but not much for sale vs other sites.
2. Ebay. Pretty good selection but it can be hard to find items unless you search for the exact model or brand.
3. Craigslist. Free but really designed for local selling/buying. I have found the best deals there but even using searchtempest.com it can be really time consuming finding anything. There is a lot to sift through.
4. Carwashconsignment.com. They might have the best presence and is car wash specific so it is really quick to browse new listings and they sort with specific categories. As a seller the 20 percent fee is pretty steep and probably keeps a lot of stuff from being listed. As a buyer they act as a middleman and you have to go through them in order to contact the seller.

I can't find any other online source for used car wash equipment classifieds. Do you guys know of any other places?

Since Kleen-Rite already has a huge amount of car wash specific web traffic they are the logical choice to implement this idea. It does not have to be free but it should be a low flat rate like $5 or $10. Maybe they could have a higher price for ad listers that are not KR customers. There could be different categories and could be sorted by dealer or owner, new/used/refurbished, washes for sale etc... They could even have promo prices once or twice a year.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Dang good idea. Carwashconsignment is SO MUCH better now, than it used to be. But dang, 20%? Come on man.

MEP001

Reaction score
Scotch Plaid in Dallas has a "Car washes for sale" site page:

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Depends on the margins.....besides Kleen Rite wouldn't be selling but listing the used equipment for a fee. Also you could sell the parts to rehab any used equipment sold but I understand your point as well