What's new

Kleen-Rite, what is the deal with these guys

copperglobe

Reaction score
I've been having problems ordering from Kleen-Rite lately. Example, I've got three parts I need to order from them but I only have the manufacturer's part numbers; not the Kleen-Rite part numbers. I talk to Kleen-Rite to obtain Kleen-Rite's numbers and I'm told I need to call the manufacturer of the parts to get the Kleen-Rite part numbers? Huh? Just for the heck of it I called one of the manufacturers and was told something like "why would we know what part number Kleen-Rite sells this part under?". Which makes sense- not faulting the manufacturer. And yes I did a search on Kleen-Rite's site with the manufacturer's part number and it didn't bring back any results. So, I called KR's competition, got the part numbers no problem, ordered the parts and they're delivered quickly. This is just a post on some frustration with KR. Thanks.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Windtrax and/or Dultmeier Sales. Both were more than willing to sell me what I needed. I also found one part on amazon.com.

Kleen-Rite.......Don't know what they're doing.

Stuart

Reaction score
Had issues w/kleenrite years ago. I Always go with Dultmeier, Windtrax and I also use KO Pressure supply - unless the part is only found at KR.
You know, sometimes shopping by price is not the best way to save money (and keep your wits about yourself). :)

getnbusy

Reaction score
I have been solely a KR customer for over 20 years as far as carwash parts go. I always got great service. The last couple of years, not so much. I do see a change in the level of service since they went with multiple distribution locations. That might just be a coincidence. A real bummer for me is the quality of some of the manufactured stuff KR sells is pitiful. I mean, really pitiful. Im talkin whole goods, not parts. I too recently had problems with a couple of orders and decided it was time to look around. I found the folks at Dultmeir great to deal with and the manufactured stuff I bought was a quality 10 whereas at KR was a quality 2. DM kicked KR's a$$ in that department. KR DOES stock alot of the stuff I use regularly, but I have come to realize they aren't the only one that does. And after looking at the UPS map and receiving a couple orders, the ship time is the same. Im not ready to totally throw KR away yet, but they dont get all my orders anymore.

Etowah

vinh

Reaction score
I agree that there service have gotten worsen. Like everyone including us owners, it is about turning a profit. When you call, they ask for account number to see if you are a big customer like washvac or small wash owner.
Here are some of my issues:
1)the kleenrite 5 gallon ultra concentrates come it cheap plastic containers that get crack during shipment.
2)Their wrapped towels use to have nice plastic wrapping but they gone to cheaper thin plastic that tear when you grab them to put in vending machine.
3)they even try to cheat me on the special. Buy 3 get 1 free soap special. I bought a pallet of 5 gallon ultra concentrates. Instead of getting 1 free for every three. They gave me free on the Kleen rite tire cleaner which is the cheapest of their ultra concentrates.
4) if you bought something during free shipping special and item is back ordered. When item come in, they won't ship it. Sometimes they ship it but charge you shipping.

In the end, they have best pricing just like Walmart. will I continue to order from them, yes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
......................1)the kleenrite 5 gallon ultra concentrates come it cheap plastic containers that get crack during shipment.
.QUOTE]

Since January I have bought 12 pallets of this from them. Have had about 4 containers that leaked. It wasn't just a leak. They clearly shifted and got damaged in transit.

mac

Reaction score
I just love it. A company wants to be the cheapest supplier, and what do you know? You get what you pay for. I don't want to be ther cheapest of anything.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I just love it. A company wants to be the cheapest supplier, and what do you know? You get what you pay for. I don't want to be ther cheapest of anything.
That is why restaurants have menus. Been using KR Ultra concentrates for years. Not happy with all products. Use other vendors for Wheel Cleaner, Tire Shine , rain X and Drying agent. USe them for Triple foam low PH Soap, Triple Foam Polish Wax, Pre Soak, and Sealer wax.

Through experimentation saved a chunk of money over what the other suppliers charge for products that do not perform any better. Works for me.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I'm the OP. The parts were simple: a GC Valve, a part for a pressure washer purchased through KR but a Pressure-Pro washer setup (great folks by the way: Pressure Pro! Finally called Pressure Pro and got their part number and got it via Dultmeier no problem) and finally a kit to rebuild a Asco valve. Not a big deal. Finally purchased all three of these items (ten GC Valves) from other sources.

mac

Reaction score
One of the things I find enlightening about discussions along these lines, is the reaction from the main player in the discussion. If someone was posting bad experiences about my company, I would respond. Period. If I screw up (and I'm sure there are those of you who think this is near impossible), I fess up and say let's work it out so that it doesn't happen again. Helloooo Kleen Rite .........

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
One of the things I find enlightening about discussions along these lines, is the reaction from the main player in the discussion. If someone was posting bad experiences about my company, I would respond. Period. .
There is some merit in the policies of some not to debate on Public forums. For instance when I posted an issue recently about a problem with equipment from Sonny's and they contacted me by phone within 2 hours and proceeded to assist with a solution they chose not to respond on the Forum. I felt that such attention deserved a post by me referencing their attentiveness.

mac

Reaction score
Earl, at least that showed the influence that this open forum has. I believe that was the main reason Bill started this. Nice to know it still has some impact. I've tried to keep in mind when I hear complaints about my business, that I'm getting free advice on how to improve it. That's a lot cheaper than paying consultants.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've used Kleen-Rite for over twenty years. They are what they are, a low priced, non frills car wash equipment supplier. My orders are processed effectively and small items are individually packaged in zip lock bags. I inventory when it comes in, and it's very rare that I find any issues. If you know what you need and have the correct part number you'll get what you order 99+% of the time. What few returns I have had (for ordering wrong part) have been handled fairly well. Their shipping is pretty quick and very reasonable. Take advantage of the newsletter shipping specials and it ships free. When they started offering that, it just about eliminated me using other suppliers all together.

A couple of vendors I know tell me Kleen Rite sells their product for a very low overhead over what they sell it for-less than 15% IIRC. there is not much wiggle room for stellar customer service with a 15% markup.

In short, I'm pretty happy with KR. I'm glad they're around and will continue to use them as my primary supplier. For the occasional other item I might order from Dultmeier (another good company), but Kleen Rite is responsible for saving me some serious money over the years.

If you're like my brother and need the "plastic tip that goes on the end of the spray gun" or if you need some help figuring out how to makes something work you need a supplier with a more personal touch, and will be charged accordingly for it. That's understandable.