What's new

Lights

gomerpyle

Reaction score
following, I am thinking of purchasing the same. Would love to hear what experiences others have had as well.

soapy

Reaction score
I just installed 3 Ss bays with g and g lighting last week at one location. Enclosed pictures shows first bay on the left with 4 lights and the middle and right bay with only 2 of the 8 foot LED lights. Not sure you need 4 per bay to have adequate light. I am going with 2 per bay on future installs. The kit comes complete with all the leads and wires plus mounting hardware and conduit strips to use between lights. Each 8 foot strip takes 1.33 amps so you can put many lights on 1-20amp circuit. 120 volt. I had to call them on the phone during install and they were very helpful and easy to get hold of. IMG_2936.jpeg

Noob

Reaction score
Soapy,
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. 2 lights per bay seems like plenty to me. Did you need any additional parts to make the 4 light package KR sells work for 2 bays? Maybe an additional power adapter?
Do you feel like there is a difference in mounting the lights on the wall vs on the ceiling for light distribution?
Based on your picture it looks like you ran a hard conduit between the 2 lights?

soapy

Reaction score
They give you 2-4 foot piece of conduit that snaps open to run the connecting wire between lights in after you attach it to the wall. In the 4 light kit you get 2 long wires with 1 attached plug in end and the other end with wires to your power source. 2- 4 foot cords with a male end and a female end. For best results using 2 lights put one light on one wall at the end of a bay and the other light at the opposite end of the other bay. Mine as shown in the picture are on the same wall and I don't think I will change them as I could not see any shadows when in the bay. You can contact G and G directly and get additional electrical cords of various lengths if needed.
I am planning on replacing all my awning lights with these in the next month. That should save a lot of money in electricity. The awning company wants over 10K to do it and I can do it myself for under 3K.

soapy

Reaction score
Earl, Those must be very bright at 34,000 lumens per bay. A pale guy like me would have to wear sunscreen.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went the cheap route on replacing some lighting recently and here's what I got…

They directly fit onto the boxes I had for the old wall packs and you can't beat the price and they seem to work well so far. I have some extras so if they don't last I can replace again but we'll see I guess.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I put them in two automatic bays about three-four years ago but I used double the recommended lights. So far, so good.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, Those must be very bright at 34,000 lumens per bay. A pale guy like me would have to wear sunscreen.
8500 Lumens each 4 foot fixture. I am only replacing those of my 4 foot fluorescent (HO) fixtures if they are trashed or can't be easily retrofitted for LED Tubes since the retrofit is more economical.