What's new

Lincoln LS

washnvac

Reaction score
Had a guy over the weekend that said s/s bay took paint off the rear left quarter panel of his '06 Lincoln LS. Video verifies no damage upon entry. Guy admitted holding wand about 4 inches away. I am 1100 psi to bay. Even at 4 inches, a factory paint job should not peel. Panel is fiberglass. I won't actually see the car until this Saturday. I checked ICA damage control, but nothing about the LS. Just curious, has anybody has this issue with an LS?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just ask him who had a hold of the wand, case closed.

If he insist, pull your car in and give him the wand.

No one wants to take responsibility for their own stupidly.

washnvac

Reaction score
I agree, Bill. I did already point that out to him. I was just curious if it was another Ford issue. I have seen many Fords with fiberglass bumpers that the paint is peeling or fading. If it had a small chip in it, and you hit it with 1100 psi, I am thinking it could peel.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's one reason I don't use MEG tips in the bay - if there's a chip in the paint, it's easier for the spray at close range to get under it and take off more. V-spray tips won't stop it completely, but it's not as high-impact.

You're right, a solid finish shouldn't peel with high-pressure. I'll bet he was trying to get what he thought was a bug off his bumper, and it turned out to be a nick in the paint.

washme1

Reaction score
I was washing my new 2008 Honda CRV at my facility. I have 1400 psi to the bay. I was spraying what I thought was a speck of debris off of the fiberglass bumper. It turned out to be a small rock chip and paint started peeling off. I probably should have gone to the dealer but didn't because my body shop friend convinced me it would be a waste of time.