What's new

Locked out

Noob

Reaction score
I accidentally locked the lower lock and walked out. My locL locksmith is on vacation. No one from out of town will travel this far. Can anyone give me advice on drilling this thing out?
The deadbolt isn’t locked. Only the knob.

Attachments

Reaction score
I've drilled out several of these with hardened bits through the keyhole. Nothing you can't find on youtube so not worried about posting it here. Smaller bit first, then bigger bit next. Might or might not have to pry back the backing plate with a pry bar to access the slider (not sure what its actually called).

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to my son who used to be a master locksmith in the military. He said to pick the lock, shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Go onto YouTube and look for "the lock picking lawyer" and follow his lead. That lock set is a house hold lock set.

OurTown

Reaction score
I talked to my son who used to be a master locksmith in the military. He said to pick the lock, shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Go onto YouTube and look for "the lock picking lawyer" and follow his lead. That lock set is a house hold lock set.

If it is a Schlage (hard to tell but the deadbolt is) they are not that easy as I have tried on a handful of them. If it is a Quickset they seem pretty easy unless the bitting is such that there is a short pin in the back. My kit has rakes, combs, and single picks plus I have bump keys. It is harder than it looks. It could be that I have not spent a lot of time with them. There are a lot of good tutorials on Youtube but the Lock Picking Lawyer is not one of them. He is pure entertainment and is on a level out of this world. Mep turned my attention to him years ago.