What's new

Microcoin QL programming

Roz

Reaction score
Having a challenging time programming a few new Microcoin QLs with my token. I have programmed in the past without issue but wonder if I am forgetting something.

The programming instructions are posted on the acceptor so I am left scratching my head. The tokens are accepted but no credit is transmitted to the timer.
Three presses of the button
Select channel 4 since 1-3,5 are preprogrammed with coin values.
10 sample coins
Press button once.
wait for the 0 then press button to change to 4 (for dollar tokens)
Hold button for 2 seconds to finish programming.
Tokens are accepted but no credit happens.

Am I overlooking something? Trying to reach Microcoin for support is a waste of time since they were sold to NCS. Thx.

Keno

Reaction score
Are these brand new? There is a different programming method on new ones. We had that issue on some new laurel vendors. We have QLs in all bays and vacs at 1 location, but are all older, and had to call someone to help us. I think we called laurel or hi performance wash

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I’m woundering if they had a batch programmed wrong. We have over 50 of these in operation (never an issue programming) and 3 months ago I got three that came with some new coin boxes. I still haven’t been able to get them to accept tokens. They accept then steal the token. I have been meaning to swap them out and see if the problem goes away. I need to call High Performance. They have been helpful in the past.

MEP001

Reaction score
I deal with an older wash with Microcoin QL from about 2005 in everything. They've been almost flawless. I bought some about three years ago and they've been nothing but trouble, mostly jamming a lot. They must be older than what Roz is working with, because the programming instructions on the side are completely different from what I have.

Roz

Reaction score
I’m woundering if they had a batch programmed wrong. We have over 50 of these in operation (never an issue programming) and 3 months ago I got three that came with some new coin boxes. I still haven’t been able to get them to accept tokens. They accept then steal the token. I have been meaning to swap them out and see if the problem goes away. I need to call High Performance. They have been helpful in the past.
Thx. Don’t know Hi Performance. These were purchased in December but only installed in May. Two of four work with tokens. They accept the tokens or steal them too. I have disabled the tokens and RE enabled them. No joy.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder if it's an issue with the gate. I had some Slugbuster II's that would let dollar coins through if someone tried enough times, and it just kicks its way through the gate with no credit. I bent the top of the armature in a little as suggested by Linda Parker and it helped, but you have a different problem if the tokens aren't even getting stored.

Roz

Reaction score
Thx. I did all that was featured in the video. I have 20 older QLs and never had an issue. Strange. Also wondering how it can be programmed for 12 coins as it comes with four preprogrammed and the program sequence gives you access to 0-5 channels.
Anyone have a phone number for their tech support as the number in the instruction sheet goes to NCS and no one picks up the phone (a common issue in our industry).

Keno

Reaction score
Thx. Don’t know Hi Performance. These were purchased in December but only installed in May. Two of four work with tokens. They accept the tokens or steal them too. I have disabled the tokens and RE enabled them. No joy.
I'm pretty sure these will have the new programming style, the new ones can have tokens with value greater than $10, so the programming is different. If you look closely at the screen during programming, there will be a small blinking dot that moves to different corners of the screen during programming if it is the new style. Our laurels were purchased last October and had the new ql in them. The new programming for $1 token has to be entered in as 0-1-0-0 as the small dot moves around the corner of the screen.

Roz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these will have the new programming style, the new ones can have tokens with value greater than $10, so the programming is different. If you look closely at the screen during programming, there will be a small blinking dot that moves to different corners of the screen during programming if it is the new style. Our laurels were purchased last October and had the new ql in them. The new programming for $1 token has to be entered in as 0-1-0-0 as the small dot moves around the corner of the screen.
You win the prize! New programming sequence worked. Many thanks. Jordan