What's new

Monorail?? Unknown in bay at our wash

EZWashingcars

Reaction score
We bought this wash a while ago, it used to be National Pride. It has what we think is an old monorail. Nobody here knows for sure who made it. One of my colleagues said he thought it was American Pride and had a single Wheatley pump, but I’ve never heard of them.
Will grab a pic of the auto ext week.
The wash has been filmed numerous times. It is Clean Right Car Wash in Rockford, IL

Attachments

EZWashingcars

Reaction score
This picture is when someone broke our undercarriage and we were looking for parts. My colleagues said he said that it used to go all the way to the other side of the bay but I’m not sure if he was talking about this wash in particular

OurTown

Reaction score
I think Pro Equipment from Benton Kentucky built that.

Eric H

Reaction score
Monorail has been out of business for about 20 years. They started in by building automatic carwashes using a similar design as RoboWash. I don’t think they were hugely successful with the IBA but did make some of the best SS equipment and vacuums. My SS pump stand was built in ‘84 and is still working fine. Most components have been replaced more than once over the past 40 years.
IMG_7272.jpeg

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes - the Monorails were made in upstate New York. Eric H is right - they also had a self serve line of equipment that was much more widely used than the IBA. The IBA just never took off and I have only seen one in person and that was decades ago.

OurTown

Reaction score
I think you might be thinking of the Navigator by Pro - they might still be in business.

The Navigator is one of their newer machines and has a tiny fixed oval mounted on side rails and sizes to the car on the ends. They used to make a normal fixed oval. We had one that was spec'ed out by Super Wash. Almost identical as the one in the video on YouTube made at this wash.

EZWashingcars

Reaction score
Monorail has been out of business for about 20 years. They started in by building automatic carwashes using a similar design as RoboWash. I don’t think they were hugely successful with the IBA but did make some of the best SS equipment and vacuums. My SS pump stand was built in ‘84 and is still working fine. Most components have been replaced more than once over the past 40 years.
View attachment 11406
Apparently the auto was put in around the 60s early 70s

EZWashingcars

Reaction score
The Navigator is one of their newer machines and has a tiny fixed oval mounted on side rails and sizes to the car on the ends. They used to make a normal fixed oval. We had one that was spec'ed out by Super Wash. Almost identical as the one in the video on YouTube made at this wash.
Yeah I’m not sure about super wash. This place was never a super wash yet it has “property of Super Wash” on it. One of our other locations used to be a super wash so I’m guessing it came from there

Randy

Reaction score
Back in the day I was a Monorail distributor. They made excellent self-serve and vacuum equipment. They automatic was made by Pro Equipment, they never took off like they had hoped.

trifoamman

Reaction score
Back in the day I was a Monorail distributor. They made excellent self-serve and vacuum equipment. They automatic was made by Pro Equipment, they never took off like they had hoped.
This is a Pro wash?