What's new

Mosmatic Z series dual ceiling booms

brett

Reaction score
I am considering using these booms at a new wash. Looking at them in a catalog the booms don't look spring loaded. I am worried these expensive booms may get bent. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Brett

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
They are not spring loaded.
I've been using them for 6 or 8 years, I'm very happy with them. No complaints that I can think of. I cant imagine how they could get bent, they are very strong.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of them in service, and have never seen or heard of them being bent. PLJ is right, they are very strong; the lack of a spring doesn't seem to be an issue. If you're concerned, you could always use a breakaway fitting.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have them at a location that has wood roof trusses. When a hose gets hooked it pulls the bracing from between the trusses. Secondly, the hose inside the boom has special ends that I could not get any of the 3 local hose companies to make without special ordering the parts. I would not use them again.

I much prefer the Zierden double booms.

BTW: over $800 per boom for Mosmatic...less than $300 for the Zierden.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dralco has a similar boom now that's much less expensive than the Mosmatic and is spring loaded (The boom can be flexed more than 90?).

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
No, I dont know about the KR knockoff.
But I do agree with the above posts regarding mosmatic about the funky fittings and the price. I do like the booms though.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Does Mosmatic or another mfg. have a dual wall boom setup with one side being the typical wall boom and the other side being the air boom for the blasto dry?

Or would it just be easier to put them side by side?

mike_d

Mfr - S/S In-Bay Dryers
Reaction score
Does Mosmatic or another mfg. have a dual wall boom setup with one side being the typical wall boom and the other side being the air boom for the blasto dry?

Or would it just be easier to put them side by side?
Hi Bubbles,

For multiple boom set-ups, Mosmatic offers their "Z" boom system that has been very successfully installed with two, three, four or five booms per bay including the "Z" Air Boom for drying.

To my knowledge, the Mosmatic wall-mounted dual boom is not currently available with an air boom 'option'.

Many customers are using two wall mounted booms, one for foaming brush (for example) and the other for drying with good results. If the booms are located on the same wall some care must be taken on installation to prevent interference. We can provide some layouts or these are available from Mosmatic.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Many customers are using two wall mounted booms, one for foaming brush (for example) and the other for drying with good results. If the booms are located on the same wall some care must be taken on installation to prevent interference. We can provide some layouts or these are available from Mosmatic.
I currently have the D/H Super Boom setup in my bays. The wall mounted booms will hold my air dryer and my triple foam poish. Could you post one of the layouts here?