What's new

Name That Vendor!!!

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Some of you are old enough to remember a show called “Name That Tune?” where contestants tried to name a tune with the fewest notes played. So we ask you clever people in “Forum Land” to help us name the newest member of the ShurVend line of vendors. It is the new 18-selection vendor that is designed very similar to the White Lightnin’ 10-selection vendor developed for the C-Store company here in California. We call it “Stumpy 3” around the shop because it has 3 trays and we can act like we know what we are talking about!!

Specs: Foot Print—36” X 36” with the height being 60”. It features “Guaranteed Delivery”, bill validator, coin changer, credit card capability, a new Point of Sale LED display that promotes “Guaranteed Delivery”, and has space underneath the bottom tray for storage of your vending products. The security cage can be powder coated any color, but the inside of the vendor will be powder coated white to cut down on the “mirror like” reflections that do cause problems because of the usual black interior.

Just so you know we value your efforts in this “naming”, the winner will be given a $100 Visa gift card to be spent in any way they want. Now for the usual “weasel” clause that allows the staff at ShurVend to determine a winner and (as usual) our decision will be final!! (We didn’t even need a lawyer for that).

So post your suggested name for this vendor here; that way you are “on record” so we know who will get the gift card.

Uncle Sam :cool:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Thanks for the two names we already have for the vendor. Just so everybody knows, each of you can post as many names as you want to enter into the fun. So if you are driving down the road and a name pops into your head, add it even though you have posted before. There is no penalty for posting more than once with a new name.

Uncle Sam :cool:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I woke up early this Thanksgiving morning and, while deciding if I wanted to get up, my brain started thinking about a name for the vendor. I thought about this vendor essentially being a vending island with all the new electronic gadgets that we now use everyday; an ELectronic Vending ISland!! ELVIS!! Built in brand recognition!

Have no fear, one of the other weasel clauses for the gift card is that the ShurVend staff is NOT eligible. I hope this does not discourage anyone from suggesting a name for the vendor. If anyone wants to comment on using the "ELVIS" name, please do.

Enjoy the day with family or friends; I get to cook bacon and then we are going to our daughter's for the grandchildren and turkey.

Uncle Sam :D

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would think that name is so wound up legally that you would never be able to use it in any way. Have you ever seen anything with the Elvis name that doesn't pertain to "The King"?

Happycarz

Reaction score
If this vendor is for the 15 most popular products, how about calling it the "Popularist?" Now, that is a hard getting off your tongue.

With the white interior and small size, it could the "Bright & Tiny" ShurVend. Or, if the powder coat is superb, maybe "Bright & Shiny."

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe something simple like the 335 (Its dimensions in feet)?

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
We just posted an updated pix of the vendor which we are trying to name with your input. Here is the link: http://autocareforum.biz/photogallery/index.php?cat=4

We have gotten some very good suggestions from you already, but maybe this new pix will stimulate some more suggestions after looking at it. We will close this contest on January 30, 2011 and see who gets the $100 for their efforts. Thanks to all of you who have made the effort to help us in this matter.

Uncle Sam :)

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
uncle sam,
don't know about everybody else but that looks like a Sweet Eighteen to me.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Thanks to all who have made suggestions for a name for our new vendor.

Just a reminder that there are only a few more days until January 30 when the contest closes. It is never to late to try unless you wait until January 31!!!

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
The clock has run out!! We let you know next week the name we have chosen and the winner.

Thanks again to all that have participated.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Name picked

We wish to thank everyone who helped us pick a name for our new small vendor. After some careful deliberation we picked the name: VEND PRO-18!

This name was suggested by the forum member known as Bob C, so a $100 check will be in the mail to him.

Uncle Sam:)

Bob C.

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks Jim.It was fun. As you well know your vendors are a great profit center, so I will be spending the prize money on another vendor just as soon as i find a wash to buy. Thanks again for the $100. and the great service you provide.

Bob C.