What's new

Nayax CC reader install

Mab219

Reaction score
Help! New owner of an established 4 bay self serve. I’m wanting to add the credit card option. The bays have IDX 802 timers and I’m wanting to add the Nayax system since I don’t have internet but good AT&T service. Can anyone put me on the right track to starting this conversion. Excuse my ignorance and speak like you’re talking to a 3rd grader as I’m only about 1 week into the car wash business lol.

Attachments

TMoliver

Reaction score
If you are doing count down just tie to the coin pulse line . However if you are doing Count up the ltt 802 timer might not see the siginal . The LTT802 has not been mfg in about 15 years now The GT200 from Kleen-Rite is a drop in replacement and it will count up as the credit card is working. Hope this helps

Mab219

Reaction score
Yes sir this helps a bunch! I have read where the new IDX timers are not nearly as good as the older ones. I actually think these timers have been in for nearly 17 years so did IDX quality go down? I’m still undecided on count up vs count down

kentadel

Reaction score
I was count up for years. Switched to count down with 4 price selections on the Nayax Vpos screen for customers to choose. My card sales increased substantially. Customers like it and I don't have to worry about someone forgetting to go to stop and calling me about max charges.
Just food for thought, good luck!

JaySingh

Reaction score
I was count up for years. Switched to count down with 4 price selections on the Nayax Vpos screen for customers to choose. My card sales increased substantially. Customers like it and I don't have to worry about someone forgetting to go to stop and calling me about max charges.

Do you have comparison numbers?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score

I do like the simple interface and it looks nice. One of the things that caught my attention to the Nayax and monex readers

kentadel

Reaction score
Do you have comparison numbers?
With count up and $2 to start both cash and card my average card wash was $5.20. When I switched to count down with the 4 prices at $3, $5, $7 ,$10, $2 to start cash, after 1 year, my average card wash was $7.10. I should have started at $5 and had $12 or $15 for the top. Card revenue to cash is almost 80/20 now. My customers still use bills and quarters but are slowly transitioning to cashless.

Last edited:

Mab219

Reaction score
With count up and $2 to start both cash and card my average card wash was $5.20. When I switched to count down with the 4 prices at $3, $5, $7 ,$10, $2 to start cash, after 1 year, my average card wash was $7.10. Card revenue to cash is almost 80/20 now. My customers still use bills and quarters but are slowly transitioning to cashless.
Do your 4 price settings correspond to your cash prices? In other words if $2.00 gets you 4 min wash does $3.00 get you 6 min?

kentadel

Reaction score
Yes they do. I would keep time to price the same but would not start cards at $3.

Mab219

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. This is very helpful!

Mab219

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. This is very helpful!

UtahYoutubeGuy

Reaction score
I have Nayax at two different locations using dixmor timers but I also tied it into a token machine using pulse signals on a multi-price selection.

Let me know what ultimate route you go and if you need help.

Also if you havent ordered your readers yet here is a discount link:

https://nayax.pxf.io/c/4298119/1454672/15225

Code: REVESTOR

Keno

Reaction score
Nayax count up or count down can be done with virtually any timer. Nayax works as it’s own timer in count up mode, no need to interface with the bay timer in count up mode. For count down, the nayax will send pulses to the timer, just like a coin or bill acceptor. We went with Nayax count up at all of our locations, we’re happy with that choice.

Mab219

Reaction score
If you are doing count down just tie to the coin pulse line . However if you are doing Count up the ltt 802 timer might not see the siginal . The LTT802 has not been mfg in about 15 years now The GT200 from Kleen-Rite is a drop in replacement and it will count up as the credit card is working. Hope this helps
Is the coin pulse line the coin switch or timer output? Any tips on how I can figure that out?

Attachments

TMoliver

Reaction score
The Red/Green is coin pulse wire, 3 wire from the outside in. The Timed hot wire is White , the last wire on the LTT802 in the middle of the timer and it is tied to the input of your rotary switch. The information is on the label . Hope this helps.

Mab219

Reaction score
The Red/Green is coin pulse wire, 3 wire from the outside in. The Timed hot wire is White , the last wire on the LTT802 in the middle of the timer and it is tied to the input of your rotary switch. The information is on the label . Hope this helps.
Thank You! It does help for sure!