What's new

Need help- RO System, how to give it maitenance?

bNc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First of all, THANK YOU to all of you for the great posts. I've been reading and reading about everything I have questions for and have successfully completed tasks. I bought a 4 bay self serve in March 2024 with a Coleman Hanna system. The next task on hand is to give some maintenance to my RO system. I know there is a filter or filters that need to be replaced, but I do not know where they are located. (PICTURES ATTACHED)
Could someone help me please? Once located, how do i change them? Is it just a simple twist and turn? Does Kleen rite sell these filters or which company? And how do I know which ones to order? When the water tank is filling up, it fills up really slow, is this due to the filters needing to be changed? Also, the water tank is dirty, what's the best way to clean it? (Video attached)
Is there a way to increase the pressure for the spot free rinse? Customers have asked, but I have no idea.
REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP.
(Pictures attached)

Attachments

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
Feel free to give us a call when you are in front of the system. We can identify the different components for you and recommend needed testing and maintenance of the RO and the pretreatment equipment.

Russ
513-312-2343

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Start with checking your current spot free. Check the TDS in your tap as well as the RO tank and also water feed hardness and chlorine at the test port located under the broken pressure gauge (which also needs to be replaced).

Before you change membrane the feed water should be soft (ideally zero grains) and absent of any chlorine. Chlorine will ruin a membrane quickly. If you have any chlorine in your water, you need to change out the carbon in your tank before you change the membrane.

There is a five micron prefilter in the plastic housing that should probably be changed

You have a membrane located behind the flow gauges in a gray PVC housing. It looks like it may be a 2.5" diameter membrane which makes RO water very slowly, about half a gallon a minute. If it's a 4" single membrane it makes about 1 GPM.

If your pump specs are big enough (3-4 GPM at 200 psi) I'd be tempted to replace the membrane and housing with a stainless housing and a 4x40" membrane like a DOW filmtec XLE. It's not necessary if your are self serve only though.

Russ who is Buckeye hydro could likely get you set up with everything you need.