What's new

need more space in my equipment room

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have eight bays with each pump station having its own stand. I would like to combine two pump stations onto one stand to clear up some space in my equipment room. I am open to any ideas/suggestions on the best way to go about this. Is there somewhere where you can just purchase a dual stand? In the future I will be adding an automatic and having to expand my RO system and install a larger compressor than I currently have. I figure since I have the time and not that much cash:D I might as well try making the space to prep for better times.

Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have eight bays with each pump station having its own stand. I would like to combine two pump stations onto one stand to clear up some space in my equipment room. I am open to any ideas/suggestions on the best way to go about this. Is there somewhere where you can just purchase a dual stand? In the future I will be adding an automatic and having to expand my RO system and install a larger compressor than I currently have. I figure since I have the time and not that much cash:D I might as well try making the space to prep for better times.

Thanks!
Can you stack one on top of the other?

mac

Reaction score
You should be able to purcsahe a four pump stack stand from Magic Wand. It holds the four pump units with an attached control box. You can do the work yourself. It's not complicated, just takes a little time. To get even more floor space, consider building an overhead shelf. For under 1,000 you can put up a shelf that will support 500 gallons, maybe more. Put your RO storage up there and odd supplies.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Earl: I don't think that would make it very accessible to work on. Not a bad idea though

Mac: I will check and see what the footprint is from magic wand. I don't really need to change anything but the stand itself, I think I might be better off going to a metal fabricator.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
There's nothing very complicated about a pump stand. I've assembled hundreds of them, and after our wash was built I replaced a single stand with a double to add another pump for washing down the lot.

www.carwashresources.com

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
I think I know what pump stands you have. I had those also at a location which I added a tunnel wash. I needed to add 2 prep guns. I mounted the pump and motors below the existing pumps utilizing the frame work which is a few inches off the floor. It is the same footprint as your existing pumps. you should be able to simply mount the pumps down there and stack the control panels on the stand. I worked out well for me. Just be sure to put an extension on the pumps oil drain to get it out where you can get at it.

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
For ideas on how to do this, you might see if you can get a diagram of the D&S Mini Stack. It combines most everything into a very compact equipment rack. If you want to pursue this idea further, let me know; I'm sure I still have my manuals somewhere around here.

MEP001

Reaction score
The D&S Mini Stack is great if you don't mind climbing a ladder to service the float tanks and hydrominders, or regularly cleaning dead insects out of all the tanks because they mount the valves above them and leave large openings in the lids.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I have the RO and 300 gallon tank as well as my air compressor on a "second" floor" configuration. Not hard to do if you can weld yourself or know someone who can.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I also added a "loft" to my equipment rooms. RO storage tanks, delivery pumps and a few other goodies go up there along with supplies etc. I built mine with wood, deck like construction. 18 years on the oldest one with no problems.

AdamA

Reaction score
Sounds like lot's of good ideas.

I had the same issue. Adding a double pumping Vector to an older self serve wash.

I added a mezzanine, which houses the wall mounted RO, RO tank, reject tank, boiler & water tanks. I also cut the bottom off of the SS pump stands and put them on a large rack. Also added shelves under the pumping stations with thin plywood for more space. Check Grainger for racks.

I ran the electric long with flex and used 'sharkbite' connectors for the plumbing. They are easily removed, so working on it isn't too bad.

Have fun!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Ric: You are exactly right. I checked my pump stands a little better and I should be able to mount them on the bottom like you suggested. Doing that will allow for alot better use of space. Thanks for all the ideas!