What's new

New Carwash and Detail Building

dfido456

Reaction score
I would like to get your opinion on this property design. The property is only 109 feet wide, but it is located in a high-traffic area with no turning restrictions. The traffic count is around 16,000 cars per day and it is accessible from two roads with 23,000 cars per day. We are planning to install a high-speed Mark VII Choice Wash. The self-serve stations are positioned sideways to comply with the strict landscape requirements of this location. Could I get your opinion on what kind of volume it would do and any ideas you might have? Additionally, there are 2 small glass doors for Iclean dog washes and the third door is for a vending area.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
You might consider some vacuums if you can find a place for them.

Etowah

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Don't know what part of the country this is in but is it a cold climate? If so, where are you going to push snow? Our lots can get real small, real quick if and when we get heavy, prolonged snowfall.

What about a dumpster? Front load garbage trucks are 35' long and quite heavy. If they have to snake all the way to the back of your lot and try to somehow turn around good luck. Your asphalt is going to take a beating. Maybe consider shifting your detail building to the other property line so you have a straight shot to the back of your lot. Just a thought.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Why not just make this a 140' tunnel and kill the detailing building? I think you will make more money with the same headaches.

I would guess that when this goes to planning you will find out you can't do the layout you would like with the drive access. Two way traffic is likely a min 20-25' width plus your landscape buffer. There are numerous issue here with how traffic flow is going to impact operations and customer access. What happens when you have 4 people queued up on each self serve and they are blocking traffic to detail, auto bays, and dog wash?

I'd remove the glass in the auto bay.

Vacs & trash are missing and something your customers are going to want.

Why Mark VII? Is this a gas station car wash...? :ROFLMAO: find a couple more distributors to talk to.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the whole layout looks weird and wrong. i'm no engineer but i doubt this would ever pass the planning board stage. looks like you'd have major traffic flow issues.