What's new

New Sensortron problems

Etowah

Wash Grunt

Reaction score
Just installed a new Sensortron coin acceptor in a self serve bay. After installing it, it took 12 quarters with no issue. Today I found it jammed with quarters. After clearing it I checked it and it is sporadic. Some are accepted but not registering, some drop straight through. I tried to adjust the sensitivity, but that did not seem to help. Although it is difficult to tell if you are turning the tiny adjustment screw. All the wiring is good. quarters are in good shape. Any suggestions?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
At this point best guess is it jammed due to some residue on the coin that is now on the sensor. Use a Q tip with alchohol to clean the slot. I havealso used a pre moistened widow cleaning cloth and that has worked.

Wash Grunt

Reaction score
May have figured it out. The Sensotron was used to replace an IDX 850 that was not working. The 850 had a deflector plate near the coin ejection slot. I did not use that on the Sensotron, and it appeared the coins were backing up on the ledge of entrance to the coin vault. Replaced the deflector and it seems to be working.