What's new

New Wash Location

benny2

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Express Exterior in a middle to high household income area and also on an Express Exterior in a low income area. I am curious to know if the house hold income plays as big a role as competition does. I currently own a wash in a high income area where there are car washes everywhere, and I see some opportunity for my next wash to be in a low income area with very little competition within a 5 mile radius. I’ve been told that the people in the lower income areas appreciate a nice facility much more, but then there is always the economic down turn that affects them even more. Thoughts?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
My experience is people in low income areas appreciate a lower price above most other things.

Express is a commodity. If price is $5.00 and new guy comes in with $3.00, what happens? New guy not only has lower price the market range becomes larger than $5.00 wash because of economic distance.

Also, don’t expect same take rate for unlimited in lower income area because the incident of overdrawn checking accounts is greater.